IPB

Welcome ghost ( Apparate In | Register )

> 

How to become a Member

Please follow these steps IN THIS ORDER to bring your account onto our site. If you do not do these in this order, your account will most likely become stuck!
  1. Register your account, filling out the registration form (see this FAQ for more details).
  2. Log into your email account. A validation email will be sent to your email address. Follow the instructions carefully on that email; you will need to click on a link in that email for your account to be activated. If this does not happen right away, please keep checking your email account. This may take some time.
  3. Log onto our site with your new account.
  4. Read the Rules. This is very important because we will NOT take the excuse later that you "forgot to read the rules".
  5. Locate the 1 - Character Role Call topic, read the instructions in the first post and make your post.
  6. MAKE SURE YOU POST THE CORRECT WORD COUNT ON YOUR ROLE CALL FORM! Call this a first "test" to see if you can actually read and follow rules, but if you haven't written the correct number of words asked for on the Role Call form, you won't be admitted to this site!

Check your word count by following this link.
  7. A member of the staff will review your Role Call post, and put your character face claim into the Character Face Masterlist. They will make your post VISIBLE.
  8. Once your post has been made VISIBLE, you should post in Your Hogwarts Letter. Again, please read the instructions in the first post of that topic before you post. Your post will be INVISIBLE.
  9. A member of the staff will review your Hogwarts Letter post, and make it visible. Once it is also visible, you are now free to begin posting in The Leaky Cauldron.
Things to Remember
  • You need some PATIENCE when registering. The staff must review your account before you will be allowed to proceed. If you try to rush, your account will become stuck.
  • If you posted in the Your Hogwarts Letter before your post in the Character Role Call thread was made visible, your account will become stuck.
  • If your account becomes stuck, you MUST wait 24 hours before reporting it to staff. We will be continually reviewing all new accounts during registration weekend and the week after, so in all likelihood, we'll discover your problem and fix it before then, so keep checking your account to see if it becomes un-stuck.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 4 - The Absence Thread, ~ and for when you need to be gone
*Supreme Mugwump
post Sep 29 2008, 02:46 PM
Post #1

Wizard of Protocol
Group Icon

ABSENCES

Everyone needs to be gone at one time or another. In order to let your role-playing partners know when you will need to be gone, you can post in this thread with information about your absence. Absences can be described as Short-term or Long-term.

Short-term Absence

What is it?
A short-term absence is any absence that is longer than 3 days, or shorter than 2 months. You do NOT need to post an absence if you are only going to be gone for under 3 days. Generally people will be patient for a few days at a time.

Posting in this Absence Thread will NOT save your account if you do not log into your accounts longer than 2 months. This thread is only intended as a way to tell anyone you are RPing with that you need to be gone for a time.

How does it work?
You should make a post below, using the following form:
Character Name(s):
Date you will leave:
Date you will return:

Do not post here if you are just going into a period of "slow posting". This is intended for true absences. If you find you need to cut back on posting or cannot finish a thread, you should do the polite thing and PM the person you are RPing with. If you find you are in a "slow posting" phase, you can put a message saying this in your signature.

What if I have more than one character?
If you have more than one character and need for all of them to be absent, you can either put all of their names in one form, or make a separate post with each character (this is helpful if you want to keep your alters a secret).

You need NOT put all of your accounts on Absence if you 'need a break' from one account.

How will being absent affect my post requirements?
Students who do not make minimum post count for promotion to the next year will not be excused due to an absence, and will therefore fail to advance to the next year. Adults who may have work post requirements MUST make arrangements with their work area staff member to be excused from work threads due to an extended absence. This can be arranged through a PM.

Be aware, however, that no account will be excused from making required posts counts due to absence if it is discovered the handler is continuing to post with their alter accounts. We DO allow excused absences from work -- but only if it's a genuine absence from the board entirely, and not a "trade-off" of posting from one account to the other.

What if I'm gone longer than 2 months?
BE AWARE!! Posting in this thread will NOT save your account from deletion if you do not log into your account for over 2 months. If you feel you may be gone for longer than 2 months, you need to arrange for your account to be placed on Inactive status (see instructions below).

If you do not log into your account for over 2 months, it will be deleted without notice.

What should I do when I return?
Please post in the "I've Returned" thread (with the account you posted here with) when you return, and your post in this topic will be deleted.

Long-term Absence (aka "Inactive" status)

What is it?
A long-term absence is any time you will need to be gone from the board for over 2 months. As stated in our ToS, any account not logged into for 2 months will be deleted without notice. However, we do allow members to be gone for up to 6 months from this board IF they place their accounts on Inactive.

"Inactive" status means your user group will be changed to "Inactive", and you will be unable to make any posts, nor read any posts on this board. You WILL be able to use the PM system. Your account will be saved even if you do not log on for up to 6 months.

How does it work?
If you need to put your characters on Inactive, you will need to PM a Governor directly. The Governors you should contact are:
Governor Eye
Governor Oz
Governor Mac
Governor Daisy

There is no form to use, but you should try to give some explanation of why you will be gone, and some idea of when you will be back (although it is fine to say "I'm not sure when I will be back"). Please tell the staffer in that PM the names of all of your accounts.

BE AWARE! You cannot put one character on Inactive status and keep your alter accounts "active". When you choose to go Inactive, ALL of your accounts will be put Inactive. Inactive status should never be used to "juggle" different accounts around. If you cannot find the time to play all of your accounts, you probably have too many accounts and should delete some of them.

How do I get off Inactive status?
To return to active status, you will need to PM one of the staff members above again, tell them you wish to return to Active status.

Once your account returns to Active status after being on Inactive, you will not be allowed to return to Inactive status again for 3 months.

What will happen with my character's job when I am on Inactive?
Unfortunately, it's just not fair to other characters to have your character hold a job position for up to 6 months. Your character will lose their job if they are on Inactive for over 3 months.

What will happen if I'm gone for longer than 6 months?
Once your account has been on Inactive status for 6 months, you will be sent an "email" (not a PM) to the email address on your account, warning you that your account has reached its 6-month limit. If you do not contact the staff within 48 hours of that message being sent, your account will be deleted.

By joining Potter's World you indicate that you have read and do agree to abide by these rules. Failure to do so may result in warnings, disciplinary action or removal from the boards.
-------------
Revision History
15JUL10 -- changes to Admin contacts
11MAR26 -- reposting; formatting changes but no content changes

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tristan Sterling
post Nov 10 2016, 08:13 PM
Post #2

bruadarach [meaning: dreamer/visionary]
Group Icon

status_halfblood
SONrQVP_zpsoa9xqywc
4r1Uams_zpshwwbc3ar

Character Name(s): Tristan Sterling && Ariana Jones
Date you will leave: Technically, Monday, November 7th.
Date you will return: Unsure, hopefully soon.

--------------------
twenty-four . avalon's curator . finally returned . american born . havencroft's van gogh. five foot two
the wand: african blackwood with the essence of wolf claw, thirteen inches in length, reasonably sturdy

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - i often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day - - - -

valerie stirling . dex's wife . head of the apollus estate . undeniably pregnant . everyone's forgotten . vincent van gogh

+Quote Post
Archibald Hamilton
post Nov 20 2016, 05:40 PM
Post #3

broccoli
Group Icon

status_muggleborn
AtRTXTv_zpszsh5qnwh
YeNxiiP_zps9obcao9z

Character Name(s): Archibald Hamilton, Clemence Prior and Ines Belvedere
Date you will leave: 17/01/17
Date you will return: 04/02/17

My final year of uni has quite literally taken over my entire life - posts will be very, very thin on the grounds, just keeping up with mandatories and completely from last term.

--------------------
And all the while, they would be laughing.

husband father-in-training godfather aunt hammy to most 'brother'

+Quote Post
Collander Price
post Nov 25 2016, 02:15 AM
Post #4

Cupid
Group Icon

status_unknown
panel_quest7
wZ1vnlp_zpstjkkqni9
jRju1w6_zpspv6xlnzv
guX532b_zpsu8t20mzb

Character Name(s): Collander Price and Claydon Mcintyre
Date you will leave: Nov 24
Date you will return: Nov 28

--------------------
Im dedicating every day to you
6'1" ;; Kayas Best Friend ;; Sias Husband ;; Godfather to Marty&Olivia&Eden ;; Lilys 'Brother' ;; Lyanna's dad ;; 31

Hamilton ;; When you smile, you knock me out, I fall apart ;; Valerie Sterling

+Quote Post
Lily Neilson
post Dec 12 2016, 09:01 PM
Post #5

Queen of Hearts
Group Icon

status_pureblood
OKsuJkH_zpsxukwzz7g
Ke3aHmJ_zpsknrvwgfu

Character Name(s): Lily Neilson
Date you will leave: 12 Dec
Date you will return: 02 Jan hopefully

Should have done this weeks ago but I really didn't want to

--------------------

Healer Ryder's wife Elina's distant PJ & Cole's 'sister' Lizzie's nerd Harriet's Cinderella

5'8" Eden & Olivia's Mummy 27
W. Mackinnon

+Quote Post
Cecil Mallister
post Dec 16 2016, 03:00 AM
Post #6

5th Year
Group Icon

status_muggleborn
misc_ravenclaw
QDpFZXO_zpst5ffhkos
panel_quest1

Posting for a friend!

Character Name(s): Lyanna Irving and Tyler Jameson
Date you will leave: Last week
Date you will return: ~January 16

--------------------

5'8" blunt Natalia's boyfriend Fraener the Toad thank you secret santa! chaser WIT 15

+Quote Post
Declan Brady
post Dec 16 2016, 08:48 PM
Post #7

Intermediate Player
Group Icon

status_muggleborn
misc_gryffindor

Character Name(s): Eva Holkend & Declan Brady
Date you will leave: Last week, honestly
Date you will return: After shutdown

Will do mandatories & might pop a few replies here and there, but to be safe I'd rather go on absence!

--------------------
I GUESS SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST BORN WITH T R A G E D Y IN THEIR BLOOD

17 & LIZZIE'S NOTHING & LONELY & TWIN & GWEN'S OUTLAW & BITTER & M. JOHNSTON & 5'11

+Quote Post
Tamara Reyes
post Dec 20 2016, 09:48 AM
Post #8

Juniper
Group Icon

status_pureblood
rKjhdba_zpsfe1u9efo
5UcfsC8_zpsbmj2bodn

Character Name(s): Tamara Reyes, Emerson Maxwell, Naoki Jameson
Date you will leave: Dec 20
Date you will return: after shutdown

Family's visiting so I'm leaving a bit early to spend time with them! I should be back with everyone else on the fourth!

--------------------
hot summer nights, mid July, when you and I were forever wild
will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful?

Todd's Foil | Kate's Troop | Charles's Monkey | Ian's Ghost | Atthis's Poison | Sally's Thorn | Destin's Nostalgia | Zia's Amiga | Riya's Snare
twenty-five | Herbologist | library | 5'2" | 1/2 Mexican | purist | Lana del Rey | W Mackinnon

+Quote Post
Julian Killian
post Jan 5 2017, 03:10 AM
Post #9

jay gatsby
Group Icon

status_pureblood
roQ0pKL_zpsyjlhhm7f
exlUWfW_zpsiqlr2pip

Character Name(s): Julian Killian, Allison Kohler-Reed, Arielle Evans
Date you will leave: Today, January 4th, 2017
Date you will return: January 8th, 2017 (hopefully)

I just have a lot of assignments due in the next few days and I won't have time to post.

--------------------
alaska's charity holly's husband history twenty-one

biochemistry student at cambridge art of healing & alchemy student at cornswin
six foot four aspiring healer

+Quote Post
James Everard-Xin
post Jan 6 2017, 02:22 AM
Post #10

emma woodhouse
Group Icon

status_pureblood
panel_quest7
95FC0K2_zpssqtwzvct
itTejNG_zps4xaxcvf5

Character Name(s): James Everard-Xin & Lydia Eames
Date you will leave: January 5th
Date you will return: undetermined

The new semester's starting up and I've got a lot to organize if I want to get ahead, so posting will be almost nonexistent (or actually nonexistent) for the next… two weeks, probably. frantics.gif

--------------------
& they heard her say, "you are afraid of l o v e
peter's toasty elisa's hearth grayson's diablo kinsley's big aurora's spark nic's vibrant
buoyant 5'5" loren's performer atlas runner lionheart beastie 19 amoretti
but (gently now) love is not afraid of y o u"

+Quote Post
Evette Sixsmith-Wyden
post Jan 11 2017, 01:43 AM
Post #11

Novice Player
Group Icon

status_halfblood
misc_hufflepuff
panel_quest1

Character Name(s): Evette Sixsmith-Wyden
Date you will leave: 1/10/17
Date you will return: 1/17/17

--------------------
~I'm free to be the greatest here tonight~
twin||monster||(step)daughter||tiny||ellie's always||sister||(drama)queen||hufflepuff

secret santa||sia

+Quote Post
Roslyn McMillan
post Jan 11 2017, 10:21 PM
Post #12

Incandescent
Group Icon

status_halfblood
panel_quest7
SONrQVP_zpsoa9xqywc
4r1Uams_zpshwwbc3ar

Character Name(s): Roslyn McMillan
Date you will leave: last month really
Date you will return: mid February

RL has me in a vice grip with no wiggle room.

--------------------
Theo's Favorite Sis ♒ Thorn ♒ Curator ♒ Rora's Chosen Sis
----------> She sat like {patience} on a moment * smiling at grief <----------
A. Landvik W. Shakespeare

+Quote Post
Nate Bennet
post Jan 14 2017, 05:21 AM
Post #13

orenda
Group Icon

status_pureblood
panel_quest7
AtRTXTv_zpszsh5qnwh
YeNxiiP_zps9obcao9z

Character Name(s): Nate Bennet
Date you will leave: when the break ended
Date you will return: February 3

--------------------
No one really knows his mind ------ Nathaniel Bennet --- 18 --- Enraged --- Spoiled

American --- Purist --- Celestia's and Addie's Brother ------ No one knows behind his eyes
Cypher Faust

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

> Board Footer

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th January 2017 - 01:35 AM