Welcome ghost ( Apparate In | Register )

> 

How to become a Member

Please follow these steps IN THIS ORDER to bring your account onto our site. If you do not do these in this order, your account will most likely become stuck!
  1. Register your account, filling out the registration form (see this FAQ for more details).
  2. Log into your email account. A validation email will be sent to your email address. Follow the instructions carefully on that email; you will need to click on a link in that email for your account to be activated. If this does not happen right away, please keep checking your email account. This may take some time.
  3. Log onto our site with your new account.
  4. Read the Rules. This is very important because we will NOT take the excuse later that you "forgot to read the rules".
  5. Locate the 1 - Character Role Call topic, read the instructions in the first post and make your post.
  6. MAKE SURE YOU POST THE CORRECT WORD COUNT ON YOUR ROLE CALL FORM! Call this a first "test" to see if you can actually read and follow rules, but if you haven't written the correct number of words asked for on the Role Call form, you won't be admitted to this site!

Check your word count by following this link.
  7. A member of the staff will review your Role Call post, and put your character face claim into the Character Face Masterlist. They will make your post VISIBLE.
  8. Once your post has been made VISIBLE, you should post in Your Hogwarts Letter. Again, please read the instructions in the first post of that topic before you post. Your post will be INVISIBLE.
  9. A member of the staff will review your Hogwarts Letter post, and make it visible. Once it is also visible, you are now free to begin posting in The Leaky Cauldron.
Things to Remember
  • You need some PATIENCE when registering. The staff must review your account before you will be allowed to proceed. If you try to rush, your account will become stuck.
  • If you posted in the Your Hogwarts Letter before your post in the Character Role Call thread was made visible, your account will become stuck.
  • If your account becomes stuck, you MUST wait 24 hours before reporting it to staff. We will be continually reviewing all new accounts during registration weekend and the week after, so in all likelihood, we'll discover your problem and fix it before then, so keep checking your account to see if it becomes un-stuck.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 4 - The Absence Thread, ~ and for when you need to be gone
*Supreme Mugwump
post Sep 29 2008, 02:46 PM
Post #1

Wizard of Protocol
Group Icon

ABSENCES

Everyone needs to be gone at one time or another. In order to let your role-playing partners know when you will need to be gone, you can post in this thread with information about your absence. Absences can be described as Short-term or Long-term.

Short-term Absence

What is it?
A short-term absence is any absence that is longer than 3 days, or shorter than 2 months. You do NOT need to post an absence if you are only going to be gone for under 3 days. Generally people will be patient for a few days at a time.

Posting in this Absence Thread will NOT save your account if you do not log into your accounts longer than 2 months. This thread is only intended as a way to tell anyone you are RPing with that you need to be gone for a time.

How does it work?
You should make a post below, using the following form:
CODE
[b]Character Name(s):[/b]
[b]Date you will leave:[/b]
[b]Date you will return:[/b]

Do not post here if you are just going into a period of "slow posting". This is intended for true absences. If you find you need to cut back on posting or cannot finish a thread, you should do the polite thing and PM the person you are RPing with. If you find you are in a "slow posting" phase, you can put a message saying this in your signature.

What if I have more than one character?
If you have more than one character and need for all of them to be absent, you can either put all of their names in one form, or make a separate post with each character (this is helpful if you want to keep your alters a secret).

You need NOT put all of your accounts on Absence if you 'need a break' from one account.

How will being absent affect my post requirements?
Students who do not make minimum post count for promotion to the next year will not be excused due to an absence, and will therefore fail to advance to the next year. Adults who may have work post requirements MUST make arrangements with their work area staff member to be excused from work threads due to an extended absence. This can be arranged through a PM.

Be aware, however, that no account will be excused from making required posts counts due to absence if it is discovered the handler is continuing to post with their alter accounts. We DO allow excused absences from work -- but only if it's a genuine absence from the board entirely, and not a "trade-off" of posting from one account to the other.

What if I'm gone longer than 2 months?
BE AWARE!! Posting in this thread will NOT save your account from deletion if you do not log into your account for over 2 months. If you feel you may be gone for longer than 2 months, you need to arrange for your account to be placed on Inactive status (see instructions below).

If you do not log into your account for over 2 months, it will be deleted without notice.

What should I do when I return?
Please post in the "I've Returned" thread (with the account you posted here with) when you return, and your post in this topic will be deleted.

Long-term Absence (aka "Inactive" status)

What is it?
A long-term absence is any time you will need to be gone from the board for over 2 months. As stated in our ToS, any account not logged into for 2 months will be deleted without notice. However, we do allow members to be gone for up to 6 months from this board IF they place their accounts on Inactive.

"Inactive" status means your user group will be changed to "Inactive", and you will be unable to make any posts, nor read any posts on this board. You WILL be able to use the PM system. Your account will be saved even if you do not log on for up to 6 months.

How does it work?
If you need to put your characters on Inactive, you will need to PM an Administrator directly. The Governors you should contact are:

Governor Mac
Governor Daisy
Governor Kit
Governor Cress

There is no form to use, but you should try to give some explanation of why you will be gone, and some idea of when you will be back (although it is fine to say "I'm not sure when I will be back"). Please tell the staffer in that PM the names of all of your accounts.

BE AWARE! You cannot put one character on Inactive status and keep your alter accounts "active". When you choose to go Inactive, ALL of your accounts will be put Inactive. Inactive status should never be used to "juggle" different accounts around. If you cannot find the time to play all of your accounts, you probably have too many accounts and should delete some of them.

How do I get off Inactive status?
To return to active status, you will need to PM one of the staff members above again, tell them you wish to return to Active status.

Once your account returns to Active status after being on Inactive, you will not be allowed to return to Inactive status again for 3 months.

What will happen with my character's job when I am on Inactive?
Unfortunately, it's just not fair to other characters to have your character hold a job position for up to 6 months. Your character will lose their job if they are on Inactive for over 3 months.

What will happen if I'm gone for longer than 6 months?
Once your account has been on Inactive status for 6 months, you will be sent an "email" (not a PM) to the email address on your account, warning you that your account has reached its 6-month limit. If you do not contact the staff within 48 hours of that message being sent, your account will be deleted.

By joining Potter's World you indicate that you have read and do agree to abide by these rules. Failure to do so may result in warnings, disciplinary action or removal from the boards.
-------------
Revision History
15JUL10 -- changes to Admin contacts
11MAR26 -- reposting; formatting changes but no content changes

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sayeed Moussa
post Nov 16 2017, 02:26 PM
Post #2

imbroglio
Group Icon

status_pureblood
panel_quest7
WGoYziv_zps14lde6ue
i49Fnnv_zpsfrikldbl

Character Name(s): Sayeed Moussa, Ren Wood-Coburn, Lorenzo Noon
Date you will leave: Now
Date you will return: Not sure

--------------------

if I could catch my breath just to exhale

ex-puff cornswin grad 22 prince cosette's afi
I'd know that I held it in too long

+Quote Post
Annora Herrera
post Nov 26 2017, 11:10 PM
Post #3

desiderium
Group Icon

status_muggleborn
8j6t8PR_zpsikyzhpmc
IPhaPKH_zpst68kl0cu

Posting for a friend.

Character Name(s): Everett Lance
Date you will leave: today
Date you will return: Dec 14

--------------------
my head is an ocean and i'm getting homesick for a place i've never known

and i'm so tired of chasing dreams i need --------everett's decathected --- 19------
-marina's candor --- 5'7 --- sorcha's multifarious --- single --- noah kahan----s-o-m-e-o-n-e --t-o-----------
--anders' dissembled --- monachopsis --- faye's saudade---------w--a--k--e ----m--e---- u--p

+Quote Post
Ashley Neilson
post Dec 10 2017, 01:25 PM
Post #4

that scottish tragedy
Group Icon

status_unknown
panel_quest7
meJBtce_zpslndhybv7
magical%20transport%20side%20panel_zpsbs0h0ckg

Posting for a friend:

Character Name(s): Catherine Bishop and Philippa Johnston
Date you will leave: Since December 4
Date you will return: Unknown

--------------------
for years and years, I chased their cheers
the crazy speed of always needing more

ngaire's sun ☆ xanthippe's knight ☆ leon's mirror ☆ legilimens ☆ brother ☆ liar ☆ murderer ☆ 34
mudblood ☆ dramaturg

+Quote Post
Alivia Skye
post Dec 18 2017, 10:33 PM
Post #5

7th Year
Group Icon

status_muggleborn
misc_gryffindor
QDpFZXO_zpst5ffhkos
panel_quest6

Character Name(s): Alivia Skye
Date you will leave: A week ago
Date you will return: After shutdown

Things are way too crazy right now with the holiday season and recently doubling my hours at one of my jobs. I will return soon! (Exception is to get one more post in for this Quidditch match, otherwise will be absent!)

--------------------
• QAC • Prefect • Dorito the Chaser • YAS Potioneer • PAT •

• kasper's person • bambi's idol (duh) • owain's flatulent friend • rollie's cheer-meister • credit to mockingjay@tda •

+Quote Post
Chazlyn Arrington
post Jan 13 2018, 11:19 PM
Post #6

Expert Player
Group Icon

status_muggleborn
Mc9hUB9_zpsczmj2rgd
itTejNG_zps4xaxcvf5

Posting for a friend who is going through some stuff right now

Character Name(s): Katrina Wilson
Date you will leave: Today
Date you will return: Unknown

--------------------
🐾 28 years old 🐾 5 feet 7 inches 🐾 Aunt 🐾 Cousin 🐾 Animal Lover 🐾

🐾 Katrina's Troublemaker 🐾 Scarlett's Pain 🐾

Creds: Hailey Hayes

+Quote Post
Clementine Atwood
post Jan 21 2018, 01:24 AM
Post #7

Catching Fire
Group Icon

status_halfblood
gHWhkIH_zpsfdnf45uu
itTejNG_zps4xaxcvf5

Character Name(s): Clementine Atwood
Date you will leave: 21 Jan 18
Date you will return: 21 Feb 18

--------------------
Clem | Tommy's Wife | Raffi, Rollie & Jem's Aunty | Ken & Patience's daughter | Scarlett's sister | Fire

+Quote Post
Poppy Fox
post Jan 24 2018, 07:23 AM
Post #8

Beginning Player
Group Icon

status_muggleborn
misc_ravenclaw

Character Name(s): Poppy Fox
Date you will return: 7 Feb

Hopefully it shouldn’t be complete absence, but posting will definitely be limited

--------------------

Klutzy_Kara @ TDA

+Quote Post
Maisie Johnston
post Jan 26 2018, 05:32 PM
Post #9

Expert Player
Group Icon

status_halfblood
misc_hufflepuff
panel_quest6

Character Name(s): Thalia and Lavinia Devereux
Date you will return: 29th Jan

Posting for a friend going away for the weekend

--------------------
cause underneath the darkness there's a light that's trying so hard to be seen

Johnston17Stella's Forever CaptainSocksChaserLouis' Sunshine5'5"Major
PATMurphy's Platonic SHHSSS co-leader QACEmilie's Bookworm PAW

+Quote Post
Tristan Rose
post Jan 27 2018, 10:11 AM
Post #10

Novice Player
Group Icon

status_unknown
misc_slytherin
panel_quest1

Character Name(s): Tristan Rose, Aldric English
Date you will leave: technically yesterday
Date you will return: 3rd Feb

Currently helping my mum with funeral stuff and just generally being there for her. Will still be able to get in Quidditch and club posts

--------------------
all that we s e e or s e e m is but a d r e a m within a d r e a m

ESTER GRAVES . 12 . FARM BOY . YOUNGEST . PAW . HAG . ADOPTED . 4'10" . EDGAR ALLEN POE

+Quote Post
Lorcan Paisley
post Jan 31 2018, 04:40 PM
Post #11

Beginning Player
Group Icon

status_halfblood
misc_hufflepuff

Character Name(s): Theodora Hampton
Date you will leave: 31-01-18
Date you will return: 04-02-18

Posting for a friend!

--------------------
• • • It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be • • •

• maisie johnston • j.k.r. •

+Quote Post
Jeremiah Lucas
post Feb 6 2018, 03:01 AM
Post #12

steve rogers
Group Icon

status_halfblood
lWHyYGE_zpsfm85xt9x
1DDz3PC_zpsql5fjnth

Character Name(s): Jeremiah Lucas, Hermes Blackwood and Lydia Alves-Daley
Date you will leave: A few days ago really
Date you will return: 2/19

--------------------

do you understand that we will never be the same again?
v. stirling ■ father AURORA'S KINDLING ■ SAMANTHA'S ASHES ■ OZIAS' SPARK ■ NICHOLAS' BURN godfather ■ bastille

THE FUTURE'S IN OUR HANDS AND WE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN
these ------------ are ------------ the ------------ things ------------ we ------------ lost ------------ to ------------ the ------------ fire

+Quote Post
Adam Blackwell
post Feb 14 2018, 10:09 PM
Post #13

facade
Group Icon

status_halfblood
fupkgBP_zps4qbayx23
wVtGLxn_zpsljnziq6s
vh8Er4r_zpspt8na8xb

Character Name(s): Adam Blackwell & Skyler Butler
Date you will leave: Feb 15, 2018
Date you will return: Feb 22/23, 2018

I'm going out of town for a week and this is just precautionary because I'll be slower but priority will go to workies, plot threads, and Quidditch.

--------------------
But look at you, look at you, look at you
mle • twenty-nine • ad, adam, addy, a.d. • son • hawks chaser

brother • cousin • nephew • irini's daddy • facade
I'd be crazy not to • danny gokey

+Quote Post
Daniel Penvrane
post Feb 17 2018, 01:50 PM
Post #14

Dan the Man
Group Icon

status_pureblood
N8ZWmgG_zpsmhehlg92
panel_quest7
wZ1vnlp_zpstjkkqni9
UtZNmAG_zps7enbyimm
vh8Er4r_zpspt8na8xb

Posting for a friend:

Character Name(s): Molly Penvrane and Eloise Kohler-Reed
Date you will leave: Couple of days ago
Date you will return: Unknown, maybe end of week (25/02/18)

The handler has been busy in RL and needs time off. Will only be round for mandatories.

--------------------
"I was born without this f e a r. Now only this seems c l e a r ."

Library | Kneazles Chaser & Captain | Dai | Dan | Duke | Jelly-Bean | Bean | Son | Godson | Order | Big brother
Forever Missing Her | Molly's Husband | (Step) Dad of 4 | Godfather of 2 | Uncle Squirt | Wandless Magic
sugar & spice at TDA | "I need to m o v e. I need to f i g h t ." | Kongos

+Quote Post
Zinnia Walsh
post Feb 17 2018, 03:49 PM
Post #15

Novice Player
Group Icon

status_muggleborn
misc_ravenclaw
panel_quest1

Character Name(s): Zinnia Walsh
Date you will leave: Feb 17, 2018
Date you will return: Feb 19, 2018

Some family is visiting from out of town, so I want to be present for them : )

--------------------

Driven ll Studious ll Ambitious ll Quidditch Chaser ll PED leader & WIT ll 5'0" ll Set by Clyde Ramsey
"A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work."

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

> Board Footer

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th February 2018 - 11:54 AM