Welcome ghost ( Apparate In | Register )

> 

How to become a Member

Please follow these steps IN THIS ORDER to bring your account onto our site. If you do not do these in this order, your account will most likely become stuck!
  1. Register your account, filling out the registration form (see this FAQ for more details).
  2. Log into your email account. A validation email will be sent to your email address. Follow the instructions carefully on that email; you will need to click on a link in that email for your account to be activated. If this does not happen right away, please keep checking your email account. This may take some time.
  3. Log onto our site with your new account.
  4. Read the Rules. This is very important because we will NOT take the excuse later that you "forgot to read the rules".
  5. Locate the 1 - Character Role Call topic, read the instructions in the first post and make your post.
  6. MAKE SURE YOU POST THE CORRECT WORD COUNT ON YOUR ROLE CALL FORM! Call this a first "test" to see if you can actually read and follow rules, but if you haven't written the correct number of words asked for on the Role Call form, you won't be admitted to this site!

Check your word count by following this link.
  7. A member of the staff will review your Role Call post, and put your character face claim into the Character Face Masterlist. They will make your post VISIBLE.
  8. Once your post has been made VISIBLE, you should post in Your Hogwarts Letter. Again, please read the instructions in the first post of that topic before you post. Your post will be INVISIBLE.
  9. A member of the staff will review your Hogwarts Letter post, and make it visible. Once it is also visible, you are now free to begin posting in The Leaky Cauldron.
Things to Remember
  • You need some PATIENCE when registering. The staff must review your account before you will be allowed to proceed. If you try to rush, your account will become stuck.
  • If you posted in the Your Hogwarts Letter before your post in the Character Role Call thread was made visible, your account will become stuck.
  • If your account becomes stuck, you MUST wait 24 hours before reporting it to staff. We will be continually reviewing all new accounts during registration weekend and the week after, so in all likelihood, we'll discover your problem and fix it before then, so keep checking your account to see if it becomes un-stuck.

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 4 - The Absence Thread, ~ and for when you need to be gone
*Supreme Mugwump
post Sep 29 2008, 02:46 PM
Post #1

Wizard of Protocol
Group Icon

ABSENCES

Everyone needs to be gone at one time or another. In order to let your role-playing partners know when you will need to be gone, you can post in this thread with information about your absence. Absences can be described as Short-term or Long-term.

Short-term Absence

What is it?
A short-term absence is any absence that is longer than 3 days, or shorter than 2 months. You do NOT need to post an absence if you are only going to be gone for under 3 days. Generally people will be patient for a few days at a time.

Posting in this Absence Thread will NOT save your account if you do not log into your accounts longer than 2 months. This thread is only intended as a way to tell anyone you are RPing with that you need to be gone for a time.

How does it work?
You should make a post below, using the following form:
CODE
[b]Character Name(s):[/b]
[b]Date you will leave:[/b]
[b]Date you will return:[/b]

Do not post here if you are just going into a period of "slow posting". This is intended for true absences. If you find you need to cut back on posting or cannot finish a thread, you should do the polite thing and PM the person you are RPing with. If you find you are in a "slow posting" phase, you can put a message saying this in your signature.

What if I have more than one character?
If you have more than one character and need for all of them to be absent, you can either put all of their names in one form, or make a separate post with each character (this is helpful if you want to keep your alters a secret).

You need NOT put all of your accounts on Absence if you 'need a break' from one account.

How will being absent affect my post requirements?
Students who do not make minimum post count for promotion to the next year will not be excused due to an absence, and will therefore fail to advance to the next year. Adults who may have work post requirements MUST make arrangements with their work area staff member to be excused from work threads due to an extended absence. This can be arranged through a PM.

Be aware, however, that no account will be excused from making required posts counts due to absence if it is discovered the handler is continuing to post with their alter accounts. We DO allow excused absences from work -- but only if it's a genuine absence from the board entirely, and not a "trade-off" of posting from one account to the other.

What if I'm gone longer than 2 months?
BE AWARE!! Posting in this thread will NOT save your account from deletion if you do not log into your account for over 2 months. If you feel you may be gone for longer than 2 months, you need to arrange for your account to be placed on Inactive status (see instructions below).

If you do not log into your account for over 2 months, it will be deleted without notice.

What should I do when I return?
Please post in the "I've Returned" thread (with the account you posted here with) when you return, and your post in this topic will be deleted.

Long-term Absence (aka "Inactive" status)

What is it?
A long-term absence is any time you will need to be gone from the board for over 2 months. As stated in our ToS, any account not logged into for 2 months will be deleted without notice. However, we do allow members to be gone for up to 6 months from this board IF they place their accounts on Inactive.

"Inactive" status means your user group will be changed to "Inactive", and you will be unable to make any posts, nor read any posts on this board. You WILL be able to use the PM system. Your account will be saved even if you do not log on for up to 6 months.

How does it work?
If you need to put your characters on Inactive, you will need to PM an Administrator directly. The Governors you should contact are:

Governor Mac
Governor Daisy
Governor Kit
Governor Cress

There is no form to use, but you should try to give some explanation of why you will be gone, and some idea of when you will be back (although it is fine to say "I'm not sure when I will be back"). Please tell the staffer in that PM the names of all of your accounts.

BE AWARE! You cannot put one character on Inactive status and keep your alter accounts "active". When you choose to go Inactive, ALL of your accounts will be put Inactive. Inactive status should never be used to "juggle" different accounts around. If you cannot find the time to play all of your accounts, you probably have too many accounts and should delete some of them.

How do I get off Inactive status?
To return to active status, you will need to PM one of the staff members above again, tell them you wish to return to Active status.

Once your account returns to Active status after being on Inactive, you will not be allowed to return to Inactive status again for 3 months.

What will happen with my character's job when I am on Inactive?
Unfortunately, it's just not fair to other characters to have your character hold a job position for up to 6 months. Your character will lose their job if they are on Inactive for over 3 months.

What will happen if I'm gone for longer than 6 months?
Once your account has been on Inactive status for 6 months, you will be sent an "email" (not a PM) to the email address on your account, warning you that your account has reached its 6-month limit. If you do not contact the staff within 48 hours of that message being sent, your account will be deleted.

By joining Potter's World you indicate that you have read and do agree to abide by these rules. Failure to do so may result in warnings, disciplinary action or removal from the boards.
-------------
Revision History
15JUL10 -- changes to Admin contacts
11MAR26 -- reposting; formatting changes but no content changes

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clarisse DuMorne
post Apr 29 2018, 07:20 AM
Post #2

kintsukuroi
Group Icon

status_pureblood
normquest7_zps3gmuv15u
OKsuJkH_zpsxukwzz7g
Ke3aHmJ_zpsknrvwgfu

Character Name(s): Clarisse DuMorne, Natasha Davies
Date you will leave: Earlier this week
Date you will return: Mid-June

--------------------
and i bury hatchets -------- medical researcher five five french pure henry's sister
giselle + henri's maman lucien's wife --------- but i keep maps of where i put them

w.mackinnon

+Quote Post
Cooper Harrison
post May 6 2018, 11:44 AM
Post #3

emo kylo ren
Group Icon

status_pureblood

Character Name(s): Cooper Harrison
Date you will leave: today (06/05/18)
Date you will return: (04/06/18)

I would normally try to avoid taking such a long absence but I'm in the final month of my Masters and I have A LOT of non-PW writing to do. Sorry to everyone I currently have threads with.

--------------------

Precious SonWADA SnobProbably Your CousinRory Humph's Brother

Gab's Best FriendRich's SquirrelEllsworthian ForeverSamuel Montgomery-Fitzroy

+Quote Post
Hermes Blackwood
post May 16 2018, 06:18 PM
Post #4

146,692,378 km
Group Icon

status_muggleborn
md6N5Qx_zpsurtck79e
17m8dxo_zpsyvy1cj7y

Character Name(s): Hermes Blackwood + alters
Date you will leave: Today, 5/16
Date you will return: 6/7 After shutdown

I will do my best to get in requirements and mandatory posts

EDIT: I will now be returning after the shutdown.

--------------------

:✧: CALLING OUT FOR HELP BUT HEARD NO NOISE :✧: leah's SATURN anders' PLUTO jeremy's MARS frances' VENUS
blue's MERCURY :✧: ONLY THE SOUND OF MY BACK BREAKING, BUT EVER SINCE YOU AND YOUR ARMS SAVED ME :✧:

( PUREBLOOD ) ( MURDERER ) ( WEREWOLF ) ( THE ONCE AND FUTURE KING ) ( REVOLUTION ) ( FATHER ) ( MUDBLOOD )
blue blackwood :✧: i don't hold the WEIGHT of the world anymore :✧: jon bellion

+Quote Post
Lux Renault
post May 18 2018, 01:51 PM
Post #5

Novice Player
Group Icon

status_pureblood
misc_ravenclaw

Character Name(s): Lux Renault
Date you will leave: about 3 weeks ago, honestly
Date you will return: June 1, 2018

Big, unexpected life changes - leaving my current job, preparing to move cross-country - means I haven't had as much time as I had anticipated this term. Hoping to be back in June, once I've finished tying up loose ends at my job and am a bit more settled. Apologies to those I had threads with!

--------------------

Sam & Lennon's Sister ** in the right light, at the right time ** Maya & Flynn's Daughter

Lucky ** Dreamer ** GAH ** everything is extraordinary ** HAG** Cousin ** Clover the Chaser
Lennon Renault ** Aaron Rose

+Quote Post
Maxwell Wayfield
post May 18 2018, 08:11 PM
Post #6

Cicatrize
Group Icon

status_pureblood
UudsMQV_zpsjgble8df
Ruo55JW_zpsddhcmwno

Character Name(s): Maxwell Wayfield
Date you will leave: 5/16/18
Date you will return: 5/31/18

Workies and opens will be done but due to my schedule and things going on, I just won't be around much.

--------------------
I had all and then most of you, some and now none of you. -----------------
✖ Werewolf ✖ Cousin ✖ Brother ✖ Grieving ✖

----------------- Take me back to the night we met.
Ren is one of the best neighbors.

+Quote Post
Molly Penvrane
post May 23 2018, 04:13 AM
Post #7

Black Widow
Group Icon

status_unknown
normquest7_zps3gmuv15u
tG0Bey4_zpsxwagtplf
zKkiD3R_zpsbqgmcwim

Character Name(s): Molly Penvrane, Eloise Kohler-Reed & Stockie
Date you will leave: 22nd May
Date you will return: 31st May

I have a few assignments due in the next week and while I will be around, I will be very slow with posting until I've completed them.

--------------------
{ i miss the long n i g h t s under streetlights }
mother 3.5 wolf animagus 40 manticores chaser daniel's godmother murderer

a. landvik { when our h e a r t s were made of g o l d } atc

+Quote Post
Rune Redburn
post May 23 2018, 05:10 PM
Post #8

rogue
Group Icon

status_pureblood
normquest7_zps3gmuv15u
TJaxsrb_zpsu7rgonlf
vmWJXf9_zps3frlbncs

Character Name(s): Rune Redburn, Cypher Lee
Date you will leave: a few weeks ago
Date you will return: some time after 4th June

--------------------

when I was a child I'd sit for h o u r s, staring into open flames
nebula. -- 6'0" raghnall's inferior al's housemate audrey's guilty pleasure disowned 22 -- hozier

failed son expensive man flirty mcflirtface muggle friendly history nerd bit of an arse thief
something in it had a ( p o w e r ), could barely tear my eyes away

+Quote Post
Bodhi English
post May 24 2018, 03:35 AM
Post #9

nemesis
Group Icon

status_pureblood
normquest7_zps3gmuv15u

Character Name(s): Bodhi English
Date you will leave: Technically a few weeks ago
Date you will return: June 1st, if not a day or two earlier

I moved this last weekend and along with still needing to unpack and get everything organized, I hurt my back. I'll be back when I'm feeling better and things are less hectic!

--------------------

do you know what you're doing? whose feelings that you're hurting and bruising?................

..................... you're going to gain the whole world but is it worth the girl that you're losing?
be careful with me
twenty || alcide's secret || cardi b || murphy's confusion || e. graves || gabbie's big || five-eight

+Quote Post
Lennon Renault
post May 24 2018, 06:33 PM
Post #10

Expert Player
Group Icon

status_pureblood
misc_hufflepuff
blitzquest3_zpsnolpduvm

Character Name(s): Lennon Renault
Date you will leave: a few days ago
Date you will return: unsure!

I'll be starting a new job in a few days and I've been busy handing everything over in my current one this week. I'm hoping not to be gone for long (or at all), but chances are things will be quite hectic!

--------------------
everything about her seems to scream --
listen, listen, i fought to be this soft

lana rafaela & rory major

+Quote Post
Rickham Holt
post May 29 2018, 07:10 PM
Post #11

Beginning Player
Group Icon

status_pureblood
misc_ravenclaw

Character Name(s): Theodore Lawrence
Date you will leave: Today
Date you will return: June 4, 2018

Posting for a friend!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Winter Rae-Jones
post May 29 2018, 08:45 PM
Post #12

Novice Player
Group Icon

status_halfblood
misc_gryffindor
normquest1_zpsb7tnywga

Character Name(s): Winter Rae-Jones
Date you will return: 6/1/18

School just started for me again, so I'll be gone for a few days to get everything straight!

--------------------
Im ready for the c h a n g e
Logan's Truth Poppy's Bestie Sophia's Something Gavin's Red Graves's Researcher

Nameless@Sp ||Meet me in, a b l u e sky || Coldplay

+Quote Post
Remy Curtis
post May 29 2018, 09:28 PM
Post #13

Intermediate Player
Group Icon

status_muggleborn
misc_slytherin
blitzquest4_zpsuw9s2jos

Character Name(s): Olivia Cartier and Pippa Badgley
Date you will return: Unknown

Posting for a friend as they aren't very well right now.

--------------------

like fireworks we pull apart the dark
◦ proud muggleborn ◦ feisty ◦ competitive ◦ non-believer ◦ playful ◦ explorer ◦ harpies supporter ◦

◦ GAH ◦ JPAT ◦ ◆ compete against the stars with all of our hearts ◆ ◦ sleeping at last ◦

+Quote Post
Amelia Evans
post Jun 1 2018, 02:41 PM
Post #14

Intermediate Player
Group Icon

status_halfblood
misc_slytherin
normquest2_zpso5yywshk

Character Name(s): Amelia Evans
Date you will leave: a week ago
Date you will return: 06/05/18

--------------------
you were just like the moon, so l o n e l y, so full of imperfections,
13 & snake/mouse & elias' geosmin & green eyes & fractured & sugar quills & sabrina's petrichor & sister2 & 4'9
micah's anosmia & aurora's ozone & s. boswell & beater & sss & h. guinto & nadia's hyperosmia & lydia's sillage
but just like the m o o n, you shine in times of d a r k n e s s

+Quote Post
Atticus James
post Jun 2 2018, 06:07 AM
Post #15

rogers
Group Icon

status_halfblood
wVtGLxn_zpsljnziq6s
vh8Er4r_zpspt8na8xb

Character Name(s): Atticus James & Gabrielle Bainbridge
Date you will leave: June 1st, 2018!
Date you will return: June 18th, 2018!

Vacation for me! Be back soon! handjive.gif

--------------------
husbandWHEN I GROW OLD, I'LL BE THERE AT YOUR SIDE, TO REMIND YOU HOW I STILL LOVE YOUfather
nicky's rhymetiny one's fathernixy's support ≫ cosette's counterpartlethe's copieddes's was ≫ ari's onceoli's poohkal's forever

( mle investigator )( pixies keeper ) i still l o v e you ( "ace" )( cursebreaking graduate )
halfblood26set by cypher faustATTICUS REGINALD JAMESprodigal sonlyrics to queen6'4"

+Quote Post
Tiffany Neil
post Jun 3 2018, 04:00 AM
Post #16

Whistler
Group Icon

status_halfblood
N8ZWmgG_zpsmhehlg92
50QhSfW_zpse7v8jb19
5FUG3e5_zpsqvfqab0s
RBbyl1e_zpswi8bchhg

Character Name(s): Tiffany Neil, Eli Ringhiare, and Niklaus Ringhiare
Date you will leave: June 3rd/June 4th
Date you will return: June 16th

I'm hoping to return sooner, but RL is going to be super busy for a while, so I thought it was best to place myself on absence.

--------------------
the future influences the present just as much as the past
artisan & manager ✗ (grand)mother ✗ order ✗ necromancer ✗ dancer ✗ godmother ✗ always alone
hoping for hope ✗ friedrich nietzscheseerhailey hayes ✗ proud half-blood

+Quote Post
Cyrus Hayward
post Jun 6 2018, 04:32 PM
Post #17

Novice Player
Group Icon

status_unknown
misc_ravenclaw
normquest1_zpsb7tnywga

Character Name(s): Cyrus Hayward
Date you will leave: 9th June, 2018
Date you will return: 15th or 16th June, 2018

Big work thing next week. I will have no time/energy to post at all beginning this weekend, and will be a bit slow until then. I will do my best to get caught up before signing off for the last time.

Thanks!

+Quote Post
Eos Gray
post Jun 7 2018, 12:03 PM
Post #18

chewbacca
Group Icon

status_halfblood
qK7QbIi_zpsnuvxcuir
rnLyuLN_zpswe72i5v1

Character Name(s): Eos Gray
Date you will return: 18/06/2018

--------------------
I've touched heaven and returned howling

lennon renault

+Quote Post
Hailey Hayes
post Jun 7 2018, 05:56 PM
Post #19

little miss werewolf
Group Icon

status_pureblood
normquest7_zps3gmuv15u
wZ1vnlp_zpstjkkqni9
CnTC11D_zpscgzumbsk
EfhhCty_zpswrq5s9zm

Character Name(s): Hailey Hayes
Date you will leave: today (should've been last week)
Date you will return: 14/06/2018

--------------------
forever a hufflepuff 5'7" i have loved the stars too truly --- 25 herbology enthusiast
cornswin graduate senior waitstaff --- to be fearful of the night little blonde stargazer
wilder mackinnon deserves only the best flower crowns for this set
a little lost quote by sarah williams werewolf

+Quote Post
Aidan Tempest
post Jun 8 2018, 07:48 PM
Post #20

7th Year; Head Boy
Group Icon

status_halfblood
misc_hufflepuff
LduVGxd_zps5gv9tkki
normquest5_zpsuumsdq1u

Character Name(s): Aidan Tempest
Date you will return: June 17th

--------------------
THE WORLD'S MORE FULL OF WEEPING THAN YOU CAN UNDERSTAND
searching | sunny the chaser | herbologist | qac/pat co-leader | gah/sss/paw/shh | 6'2" | sought

mia's island | pippa's undeserving | bobbi's unforgiving |cami's certain |xanthe's co-pilot| zach's mate
david webb//wb yeats

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

> Board Footer

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2018 - 11:06 PM