Welcome ghost ( Apparate In | Register )

> 

How to become a Member

Please follow these steps IN THIS ORDER to bring your account onto our site. If you do not do these in this order, your account will most likely become stuck!
  1. Register your account, filling out the registration form (see this FAQ for more details).
  2. Log into your email account. A validation email will be sent to your email address. Follow the instructions carefully on that email; you will need to click on a link in that email for your account to be activated. If this does not happen right away, please keep checking your email account. This may take some time.
  3. Log onto our site with your new account.
  4. Read the Rules. This is very important because we will NOT take the excuse later that you "forgot to read the rules".
  5. Locate the 1 - Character Role Call topic, read the instructions in the first post and make your post.
  6. MAKE SURE YOU POST THE CORRECT WORD COUNT ON YOUR ROLE CALL FORM! Call this a first "test" to see if you can actually read and follow rules, but if you haven't written the correct number of words asked for on the Role Call form, you won't be admitted to this site!

Check your word count by following this link.
  7. A member of the staff will review your Role Call post, and put your character face claim into the Character Face Masterlist. They will make your post VISIBLE.
  8. Once your post has been made VISIBLE, you should post in Your Hogwarts Letter. Again, please read the instructions in the first post of that topic before you post. Your post will be INVISIBLE.
  9. A member of the staff will review your Hogwarts Letter post, and make it visible. Once it is also visible, you are now free to begin posting in The Leaky Cauldron.
Things to Remember
  • You need some PATIENCE when registering. The staff must review your account before you will be allowed to proceed. If you try to rush, your account will become stuck.
  • If you posted in the Your Hogwarts Letter before your post in the Character Role Call thread was made visible, your account will become stuck.
  • If your account becomes stuck, you MUST wait 24 hours before reporting it to staff. We will be continually reviewing all new accounts during registration weekend and the week after, so in all likelihood, we'll discover your problem and fix it before then, so keep checking your account to see if it becomes un-stuck.

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3 - Help Center, ~ Have a question for the staff about registration?
Guest_Governor Belina_*
post Jan 28 2012, 09:37 PM
Post #41

Guests

You can go ahead and make a second post smile2.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Ivan J P_*
post Jan 29 2012, 02:26 AM
Post #42

Guests

sir, how do I know which dorm I get?

+Quote Post
Guest_Governor Belina_*
post Jan 29 2012, 02:58 AM
Post #43

Guests

And I'm not a sir! But I think I have a few things that you need to read, regardless.

To start with, before you can make it to Hogwarts and the dorms, there are a number of issues that we need to address, first smile2.gif

Name: as edited into your Character Roll Call post, you must select a proper name for your character. The first name - Ivan - is acceptable, but J P as a last name is not. Please select a proper last name for your character, before you can have your account validated.

Face Claim: the name that you selected, Daniel Radcliff, is not permitted to be used on the board. None of the actors or actresses that portrayed the lead characters from the Harry Potter movies can be used here on this board.

Character History: unfortunately, we cannot allow what you are claiming as the history of your character. The plot that you presented is the story of Harry Potter - and we already know how that turned out, yeah? This board is about your original character and the things that they did while attending Hogwarts. Keeping the Terms of Service for the board in mind, you must come up with your own story about your character - without copying directly from the books.

Character's Personality: we ask for 100 words in this section, to give you a chance to get a few things about your character figured out before you start role playing with other members. While we expect that these things will change as your character matures and grows older - this will at least give you a starting point to give some depth to your posts.

Other: only after the above noted issues have been addressed, and a proper Character Roll Call post and a proper How You Got Your Letter post have been made - will you be permitted to continue on, here at Potter's World. Your character will have to post in Diagon Alley, make some new friends, and then go shopping for his school supplies. The Hogwarts Express area will eventually open up, and soon after that, your character will arrive at Hogwarts for the sorting. Then you will be sorted into a house, and you can trot off to your dorm.

HOWEVER!

While the staff here at Potter's World don't mind helping new members get their bearings, we cannot break things down for you every step of the way. We encourage role players from all levels of writing experience - but there needs to be a basic level of comprehension - all of the above can already be found in our Terms of Service as well as our Student Handbook. Which is to say, I strongly suggest that you take a few extra minutes to read these things over, and to read the previous posts of others to get a better idea of what is expected of you.

I hope this helps smile2.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Everett Bones_*
post Jan 31 2012, 02:20 AM
Post #44

Guests

Please help me, I have more posts than the first years, but I can't go up a level! I've been trying for a while, but it's just not advancing.

+Quote Post
Guest_Harriet Harrow_*
post Feb 1 2012, 02:19 PM
Post #45

Guests

I still can't see anything and it has been days since my two posts were made visible. I don't know what's gone wrong.

+Quote Post
Guest_Harriet Harrow_*
post Feb 1 2012, 02:20 PM
Post #46

Guests

Never mind it's fixed! I could see the Leaky Cauldron as soon as I made my last post. Sorry for wasting your time!

+Quote Post
Guest_Bryce Walker_*
post Mar 3 2012, 05:12 PM
Post #47

Guests

Hello sorry to bother but I made a character by the name of Milo Boyd and it keeps saying Post Permission Removed every time I try to post anywhere like the Character Letter. What happened?

+Quote Post
Guest_Governor Belina_*
post Mar 3 2012, 05:14 PM
Post #48

Guests

There was an email sent to the registration address explaining why this is. But here is the reason:

A handler can only have 3 student accounts on the board at any one time. Currently, you have 3 that are active and posting on the board. The fourth character (Milo Boyd) was frozen because you are not eligible for additional characters at this time.

Also, a fifth character was registered as well and that account is frozen too. A PM was sent to that character account directly on the board.

Until one of these existing characters graduates - you will not be permitted a new character.

+Quote Post
Guest_Tracy Devonshire_*
post Mar 4 2012, 05:14 AM
Post #49

Guests

Quick question. On my first post I claimed Nina Dobrev as my face claim. Now, I know that she is considered taken on the list but I checked and that character does not exist. Can I claim her?

+Quote Post
Guest_Governor A. Witch_*
post Mar 4 2012, 05:32 AM
Post #50

Guests

If a face is taken - it is taken. You cannot apply for it.

If you believe that a character has been deleted and not been removed, then PM a staff member before you try to apply for it. Also it is best not to wait until registration weekend (which is a very busy period) to do so.

+Quote Post
Guest_Cece Cormack_*
post Apr 15 2012, 12:12 AM
Post #51

Guests

hello, my Role Call wasn't a suffcent lenght and I have to change it, but I don't know how to go about that. don't see an edit button, so do I just go ahead and post again, or is there an edit button somewhere? I just don't want my account to be stuck.

Thanks

+Quote Post
Guest_Governor Grim_*
post Apr 15 2012, 12:16 AM
Post #52

Guests

You'll need to make a new post with the longer version. smile2.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Victoria Cross_*
post Apr 15 2012, 04:18 PM
Post #53

Guests

Hello!

I'm terribly sorry to bother you on this busy weekend. I quite understand if it takes you a while to get to this. There seems to be a small mistake on the Character Face Masterlist. I requested the face claim of Karlie Kloss in this post, but was denied because it was already taken. I checked the list and it said it was taken by a Freya Oswald. However, if you see here, this character has been deleted. So I was wondering if it would be alright if I could still use this face?

Thank you very much for your time! flowers2.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Nash Hodges_*
post Apr 15 2012, 05:19 PM
Post #54

Guests

Hello there!

I'm hoping you can help me sort it out, but I've waited the 24 hours and my account never became unstuck. I accidentally double posted in the roll call thread, so I think that may have something to do with it, but all three of my posts (the accidental one included) have been made visible and I'm still stuck. Hopefully it isn't a huge deal to fix, I think I caused the problem in the first place and I hope it can get sorted out.

Thanks in advance!

+Quote Post
Guest_Governor Belina_*
post Apr 15 2012, 05:26 PM
Post #55

Guests

Victoria; please see the posts just a few up in this thread. Governor A. Witch has gone over this question already. Often, not especially in this case but as a reminder for all members reading this post, you will see that a certain 'face' is not listed as being one that you can claim. There are a number of reasons for this. A character might've been recently deceased, the face might be reserved as a perk that is granted to all adult characters who have had children through their personal plots. This face might be reserved for a new character brought to the board for purposes of a staff run plot.

And then, yes, there are times that a face is left on the masterlist in error. Having said that - though you can clearly link to the request to delete, there might be other factors involved in this smile2.gif Governor A. Witch has already stated that, during registration weekend, we simply do not have the manpower to look into these issues properly. The Character Face Masterlist is available to everyone - registered members and guests - so if someone ever does see a face that they want and believe that it is still claimed in error - contact staff before registration weekend. When we will have time to actually look at these things.

Nash; from what I can see, your account has become 'unstuck'. You should be able to see more of the board now smile2.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_April Mondays_*
post Apr 15 2012, 11:02 PM
Post #56

Guests

I tried to post my character post but my computer messed up and I may have accidentally posted it more than once. Not sure what to do about this, I don't want my account to be frozen.

+Quote Post
Guest_Governor Belina_*
post Apr 15 2012, 11:09 PM
Post #57

Guests

The posts were a few minutes apart and yes, unfortunately, it did freeze your account. But we can fix that right up! I am about to validate your Roll Call post now; be advised that there will be staff notes left there that you will need to address before I can 'unstick' your account smile2.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_April Mondays_*
post Apr 15 2012, 11:16 PM
Post #58

Guests

great thanks so much!

+Quote Post
Guest_April Mondays_*
post Apr 17 2012, 06:08 PM
Post #59

Guests

I've reposted my character roll after the face I wanted had been taken but I'm not on the character face masterlist yet, I don't know if this is just me being impatient, if so I apologise Its been days but feels like forever I know you've got a lot of new members to go through!

Hopefully not being too impatient,

April.

+Quote Post
Governor Oz
post Apr 17 2012, 06:17 PM
Post #60

Retired Staff/Magnanimous with great taste in shoes
Group Icon

April- I have gone ahead and added it in smile2.gif

--------------------
Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops... That's where you'll find me

Ariel Jameson makes beautiful surprises! Quote from Wizard of Oz

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

> Board Footer

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2018 - 10:05 AM