Welcome ghost ( Apparate In | Register )

> 

How to become a Member

Please follow these steps IN THIS ORDER to bring your account onto our site. If you do not do these in this order, your account will most likely become stuck!
  1. Register your account, filling out the registration form (see this FAQ for more details).
  2. Log into your email account. A validation email will be sent to your email address. Follow the instructions carefully on that email; you will need to click on a link in that email for your account to be activated. If this does not happen right away, please keep checking your email account. This may take some time.
  3. Log onto our site with your new account.
  4. Read the Rules. This is very important because we will NOT take the excuse later that you "forgot to read the rules".
  5. Locate the 1 - Character Role Call topic, read the instructions in the first post and make your post.
  6. MAKE SURE YOU POST THE CORRECT WORD COUNT ON YOUR ROLE CALL FORM! Call this a first "test" to see if you can actually read and follow rules, but if you haven't written the correct number of words asked for on the Role Call form, you won't be admitted to this site!

Check your word count by following this link.
  7. A member of the staff will review your Role Call post, and put your character face claim into the Character Face Masterlist. They will make your post VISIBLE.
  8. Once your post has been made VISIBLE, you should post in Your Hogwarts Letter. Again, please read the instructions in the first post of that topic before you post. Your post will be INVISIBLE.
  9. A member of the staff will review your Hogwarts Letter post, and make it visible. Once it is also visible, you are now free to begin posting in The Leaky Cauldron.
Things to Remember
  • You need some PATIENCE when registering. The staff must review your account before you will be allowed to proceed. If you try to rush, your account will become stuck.
  • If you posted in the Your Hogwarts Letter before your post in the Character Role Call thread was made visible, your account will become stuck.
  • If your account becomes stuck, you MUST wait 24 hours before reporting it to staff. We will be continually reviewing all new accounts during registration weekend and the week after, so in all likelihood, we'll discover your problem and fix it before then, so keep checking your account to see if it becomes un-stuck.

18 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3 - Help Center, ~ Have a question for the staff about registration?
*Supreme Mugwump
post Nov 11 2011, 01:42 AM
Post #1

Wizard of Protocol
Group Icon

Help Center

Post below if you have a question about registration, or are having trouble with your registration.

If your account becomes "stuck" (if it does not progress to the "11yr Old" user group after you post your Role Call post and your Hogwarts Letter post), PLEASE WAIT 24 HOURS FIRST, then post below. Be assured, the staff will be checking all new accounts during registration period, but you MUST allow us 24 hours to do this!

If you are a full member and have a question for the staff on anything other than registration, please post your question in the Ask the Staff forum.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Cassia Hawkwood_*
post Nov 12 2011, 01:38 PM
Post #2

Guests

I was looking at the user group explanations and it said that 11 Year Olds are allowed to post in the Leakey Cauldron once there Application and Hogwarts letter have been made visible. I looked at my user group and saw that I was an 11 Year Old yet my Hogwarts letter still has not been made visble, and I have check countless times so I haven't missed it. So, I'm not completley sure what to do now...

+Quote Post
Guest_Governor Chai_*
post Nov 12 2011, 01:42 PM
Post #3

Guests

It should be fixed now. smile2.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Cassia Hawkwood_*
post Nov 12 2011, 01:43 PM
Post #4

Guests

Thanks!

+Quote Post
Guest_Ember Aphroditie_*
post Nov 12 2011, 07:22 PM
Post #5

Guests

I posted my character profile but the face has already been taken. So how do I go about claiming the next?

+Quote Post
Guest_Governor Belina_*
post Nov 12 2011, 07:24 PM
Post #6

Guests

You can PM the selection to a member of staff; a Governor or a Magistrate will be able to edit that in for you.

+Quote Post
Guest_Ember Aphroditie_*
post Nov 12 2011, 07:26 PM
Post #7

Guests

+Quote Post
Guest_Emma Fortune_*
post Nov 13 2011, 08:56 PM
Post #8

Guests

I've posted in the roll call and hogwarts letter threads and they are visible, but i can't edit my profile it just tells me that i can't access this part of the board. is there something else i have to do first?

+Quote Post
Guest_Governor Ick_*
post Nov 13 2011, 09:11 PM
Post #9

Guests

Hi there!

It looks like it might be a problem with your account be "stuck" in it's settings. It's going to have to wait for an admin to look into it, so please be patient, but we'll get it all solved soon enough! Thank you! flowers2.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Emma Fortune_*
post Nov 13 2011, 09:29 PM
Post #10

Guests

ok thanks!

+Quote Post
Guest_Tenebrae Veneficae_*
post Nov 15 2011, 04:28 AM
Post #11

Guests

Hey,

I accidently posted the same post twice in one of my threads.

http://www.pottersworld.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=139660

+Quote Post
Guest_Julian Rowe_*
post Dec 17 2011, 04:39 PM
Post #12

Guests

I posted both of my post in order, and they are both visible. Still a new user?

+Quote Post
Guest_Governor Belina_*
post Dec 17 2011, 04:53 PM
Post #13

Guests

Sometimes - if you post too quickly - the system needs a minute to catch up with you smile2.gif You're okay now.

+Quote Post
Guest_Annelise Alloys_*
post Dec 18 2011, 01:56 AM
Post #14

Guests

Im confused. It says im an 11 year old. But how do I become an 11 yr old shopper or traveler? How many posts do I need?

+Quote Post
Guest_Wynter Amaris_*
post Dec 18 2011, 02:04 AM
Post #15

Guests

I can not change my blood status or have my picture show up. Why is this? I see that other people with less postings than me have it already.

+Quote Post
Guest_Wynter Amaris_*
post Dec 18 2011, 02:14 AM
Post #16

Guests

Never mind. My computer is the reason my photo won't show up but I still don't know how to change my blood status. I read above that my account might be stuck but I am unsure

+Quote Post
Guest_Peter Cavendish_*
post Dec 18 2011, 02:35 PM
Post #17

Guests

Hi there!

My user group has been changed to an 11 year old and I can see the Leaky Cauldron, but my Hogwarts letter post isn't yet visible. I don't particularly want my account to be stuck, so am I allowed to post there? Just wanted to check smile2.gif

Thanks!

+Quote Post
Guest_Annelise Alloys_*
post Dec 18 2011, 04:13 PM
Post #18

Guests

Hi,

For some reason I can't see my picture when I post in a thread. And apparently neither can other people. My account just got fixed from being "stuck" so is there a problem?

Please Reply. Thanks.

+Quote Post
Guest_Governor Belina_*
post Dec 18 2011, 04:31 PM
Post #19

Guests

Annelise Alloys - you're all set up now (I believe that you were stuck) but for everyone else wondering - we actually don't tell you the number wink2.gif It's all part of the fun, yeah?

Wynter Amaris - I'm glad that you got your images sorted out smile2.gif To get the Blood Status to show, click on your control panel (My Controls at the top right of the screen). Once there, select 'Edit Profile Information' and Blood Status will show up there for you to change.

Peter Cavendish - it's always best to wait until both of your posts are validated to keep you from getting stuck. Glad to see that, since posting in this thread, you have been able to move along smile2.gif

Annelise Alloys - I'm not quite sure what you mean by your picture. A graphic that you have chosen to use as a signature? Or an avatar picture that displays on the left hand side of the screen?

+Quote Post
Guest_Annelise Alloys_*
post Dec 18 2011, 04:35 PM
Post #20

Guests

Sorry should've been more clear. I meant the avatar that shows when you make a post, on the left hand side.

+Quote Post

18 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

> Board Footer

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2018 - 10:39 AM