Welcome ghost ( Apparate In | Register )

> 

How to become a Member

Please follow these steps IN THIS ORDER to bring your account onto our site. If you do not do these in this order, your account will most likely become stuck!
  1. Register your account, filling out the registration form (see this FAQ for more details).
  2. Log into your email account. A validation email will be sent to your email address. Follow the instructions carefully on that email; you will need to click on a link in that email for your account to be activated. If this does not happen right away, please keep checking your email account. This may take some time.
  3. Log onto our site with your new account.
  4. Read the Rules. This is very important because we will NOT take the excuse later that you "forgot to read the rules".
  5. Locate the 1 - Character Role Call topic, read the instructions in the first post and make your post.
  6. MAKE SURE YOU POST THE CORRECT WORD COUNT ON YOUR ROLE CALL FORM! Call this a first "test" to see if you can actually read and follow rules, but if you haven't written the correct number of words asked for on the Role Call form, you won't be admitted to this site!

Check your word count by following this link.
  7. A member of the staff will review your Role Call post, and put your character face claim into the Character Face Masterlist. They will make your post VISIBLE.
  8. Once your post has been made VISIBLE, you should post in Your Hogwarts Letter. Again, please read the instructions in the first post of that topic before you post. Your post will be INVISIBLE.
  9. A member of the staff will review your Hogwarts Letter post, and make it visible. Once it is also visible, you are now free to begin posting in The Leaky Cauldron.
Things to Remember
  • You need some PATIENCE when registering. The staff must review your account before you will be allowed to proceed. If you try to rush, your account will become stuck.
  • If you posted in the Your Hogwarts Letter before your post in the Character Role Call thread was made visible, your account will become stuck.
  • If your account becomes stuck, you MUST wait 24 hours before reporting it to staff. We will be continually reviewing all new accounts during registration weekend and the week after, so in all likelihood, we'll discover your problem and fix it before then, so keep checking your account to see if it becomes un-stuck.

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3 - Help Center, ~ Have a question for the staff about registration?
Guest_Governor Belina_*
post Dec 18 2011, 04:43 PM
Post #21

Guests

When I look into your account, I don't see that you have uploaded or hosted an image smile2.gif To get a graphic to show in this spot, you need to have your image (no larger then 100px by 100px) saved to your computer - or hosted on a website like Photobucket or Tinypic (or another graphics hosting site).

On your computer - go to your My Controls, and under Personal Profile select 'Edit Avatar Settings'. Once you are on that screen, you will see an option to upload an image from your computer. Just click 'Choose File' and it will upload for you.

From a web hosting site - again, go to My Controls, and under Personal Profile select 'Edit Avatar Settings'. Once you are on that screen, you will see an option to enter a URL for your image. Choose the direct link - as in, the one without any of the other text (tags) before and after. It should look like this:
http: //www.site name that you have used to host the image/image name.jpg (note that it may be a .jpg, .gif, or .png)
Hope that helps!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Annelise Alloys_*
post Dec 18 2011, 09:57 PM
Post #22

Guests

Oh okay. I see what I did wrong. I'll try it now. Thanks!!! birgits_giggle.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Annelise Alloys_*
post Dec 18 2011, 10:08 PM
Post #23

Guests

am trying to upload a new avatar picture. So I went to my controls, edit avatar settings, and I tried uploading the picture. But it says the upload failed. Help

+Quote Post
Guest_Audra O'Bryan_*
post Dec 18 2011, 10:14 PM
Post #24

Guests

Both my posts in both the rolecall and hogwarts letter are visible but I can't get to the leaky cauldron and I'm still a new user, did I do something wrong?

+Quote Post
Guest_Audra O'Bryan_*
post Dec 18 2011, 10:16 PM
Post #25

Guests

Both my posts in both the rolecall and hogwarts letter are visible but I can't get to the leaky cauldron and I'm still a new user, did I do something wrong?

+Quote Post
Guest_Governor Belina_*
post Dec 18 2011, 10:31 PM
Post #26

Guests

Annelise Alloys - as I explained in my PM, there is really no way for me to figure out what the problem is. That said - I am glad that you got your avatar image to work smile2.gif Though please keep in mind that this is a very busy time for all of the members of staff here on the board, and it might take us a few moments to get to your questions - we do see them, though, and will get to it. Sending PM's with the same question can sometimes result in us taking even longer to answer the original question, because we have to go through so many places.

Audra O'Bryan - the problem is that you didn't wait before making other posts smile2.gif Right now you have 5 posts credited to your account, two in this thread. Patience is requested during this time, simply because it is so busy for the staff members.

This has resulted in your account becoming stuck. Remember that even though you can't see a post - it's there. And posting again will get your account in this state. I am going to fix it for you now.

+Quote Post
Guest_Annelise Alloys_*
post Dec 19 2011, 04:54 AM
Post #27

Guests

AH! I wasnt thinking and posted in a closed thread. SORRY shout.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Kelly McCarthy_*
post Dec 19 2011, 06:19 AM
Post #28

Guests

When I click "View New Posts" near the top of the page, next to "House Elf" and all that, a board message pops up, saying that I "don't have permission to use this feature". I thought at first it was because I needed to be a first year first, but now I am a first year, and that same board message is popping up. It would be way easier on me if I could use that feature, assuming I'm correct in guessing what it does (It shows the new/unread posts in the topics I've posted in, right?). My computer is really slow, and it takes forever to load as it is. If you could see what's wrong, I'd be most grateful. Please and thank you!

+Quote Post
Guest_Theodore Vandarzo_*
post Dec 19 2011, 12:45 PM
Post #29

Guests

Hello, I'd just like to report that my account has been stuck, in case you might've skipped over it. My Hogwarts Letter and Character Roll Call is already visible and it's been more than 24 hours already. smile2.gif If you could check it up and fix it, thank you. ^^

+Quote Post
Guest_Governor Ick_*
post Dec 19 2011, 05:13 PM
Post #30

Guests

Kelly:

That is what that feature does, unfortunately it pops up with a board message because it's a feature that is only available to board moderators (like staff and prefects). Hope that helps!

Theodore:

An admin will take a look at your account as soon as possible, please be patient as it may take a couple of hours. Thank you!

+Quote Post
Guest_Audra O'Bryan_*
post Dec 20 2011, 01:31 AM
Post #31

Guests

Hehe I think I froze my account or something because I post to fast, if so in really sorry.But if so could you help me?

+Quote Post
Guest_Audra O'Bryan_*
post Dec 30 2011, 03:35 AM
Post #32

Guests

Im not able to go beyond the leaky cauldron even though I'm pretty sure I filled up enough posts to become a shopper/Traveller , did I mess something up?

+Quote Post
Guest_Governor Belina_*
post Dec 30 2011, 09:13 PM
Post #33

Guests

Your account got 'stuck' smile2.gif I have manually bumped you up to 11 Year Old Traveler.

+Quote Post
Guest_Kakashi Nitori_*
post Jan 28 2012, 12:29 PM
Post #34

Guests

Hey, i have been trying to create a new charrie, under the name Tess Morgan, I have cheched the charrie list and there is no one all ready called this. During registration i have not been able to make her due to the fact that the name is apparently already taken. Can you help?

+Quote Post
Guest_Governor Rose_*
post Jan 28 2012, 12:44 PM
Post #35

Guests

An admin has looked into it, and you should be able to register now. smile2.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_London Hayes_*
post Jan 28 2012, 12:51 PM
Post #36

Guests

Hello. I chose the face Elle Fanning for this character and was told to pick a different face since she is taken. Although Elle appears to be taken, she actually isn't. The character that used her was deleted, but the face claim was never deleted from the Character Face Masterlist. Should I post again in the Character Role Call or just let the governors edit my initial post so they know Elle isn't actually taken? Thanks!

+Quote Post
Guest_Governor Rose_*
post Jan 28 2012, 01:25 PM
Post #37

Guests

Sorted out via PM as per handler's request. smile2.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_marisataylorr_*
post Jan 28 2012, 01:37 PM
Post #38

Guests

Hello! I made an awful mistake, I admit. I had forgotten which one was the Character name for log in and I didn't bother putting the character name. Is there any way that I can fix that? Instead of Marisataylorr, Allison Anderson?

+Quote Post
Guest_Governor Belina_*
post Jan 28 2012, 01:41 PM
Post #39

Guests

You have been fixed up smile2.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Ariana Macabre_*
post Jan 28 2012, 09:20 PM
Post #40

Guests

My roll call had issues but im not sure how to edit it, should I make another *fixed* post or am I supposed to PM someone/

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

> Board Footer

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2018 - 10:39 AM