IPB

Welcome ghost ( Apparate In | Register )

> 

How to become a Member

Please follow these steps IN THIS ORDER to bring your account onto our site. If you do not do these in this order, your account will most likely become stuck!
  1. Register your account, filling out the registration form (see this FAQ for more details).
  2. Log into your email account. A validation email will be sent to your email address. Follow the instructions carefully on that email; you will need to click on a link in that email for your account to be activated. If this does not happen right away, please keep checking your email account. This may take some time.
  3. Log onto our site with your new account.
  4. Read the Rules. This is very important because we will NOT take the excuse later that you "forgot to read the rules".
  5. Locate the 1 - Character Role Call topic, read the instructions in the first post and make your post.
  6. MAKE SURE YOU POST THE CORRECT WORD COUNT ON YOUR ROLE CALL FORM! Call this a first "test" to see if you can actually read and follow rules, but if you haven't written the correct number of words asked for on the Role Call form, you won't be admitted to this site!

Check your word count by following this link.
  7. A member of the staff will review your Role Call post, and put your character face claim into the Character Face Masterlist. They will make your post VISIBLE.
  8. Once your post has been made VISIBLE, you should post in Your Hogwarts Letter. Again, please read the instructions in the first post of that topic before you post. Your post will be INVISIBLE.
  9. A member of the staff will review your Hogwarts Letter post, and make it visible. Once it is also visible, you are now free to begin posting in The Leaky Cauldron.
Things to Remember
  • You need some PATIENCE when registering. The staff must review your account before you will be allowed to proceed. If you try to rush, your account will become stuck.
  • If you posted in the Your Hogwarts Letter before your post in the Character Role Call thread was made visible, your account will become stuck.
  • If your account becomes stuck, you MUST wait 24 hours before reporting it to staff. We will be continually reviewing all new accounts during registration weekend and the week after, so in all likelihood, we'll discover your problem and fix it before then, so keep checking your account to see if it becomes un-stuck.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 4 - The Absence Thread, ~ and for when you need to be gone
*Supreme Mugwump
post Sep 29 2008, 02:46 PM
Post #1

Wizard of Protocol
Group Icon

ABSENCES

Everyone needs to be gone at one time or another. In order to let your role-playing partners know when you will need to be gone, you can post in this thread with information about your absence. Absences can be described as Short-term or Long-term.

Short-term Absence

What is it?
A short-term absence is any absence that is longer than 3 days, or shorter than 2 months. You do NOT need to post an absence if you are only going to be gone for under 3 days. Generally people will be patient for a few days at a time.

Posting in this Absence Thread will NOT save your account if you do not log into your accounts longer than 2 months. This thread is only intended as a way to tell anyone you are RPing with that you need to be gone for a time.

How does it work?
You should make a post below, using the following form:
Character Name(s):
Date you will leave:
Date you will return:

Do not post here if you are just going into a period of "slow posting". This is intended for true absences. If you find you need to cut back on posting or cannot finish a thread, you should do the polite thing and PM the person you are RPing with. If you find you are in a "slow posting" phase, you can put a message saying this in your signature.

What if I have more than one character?
If you have more than one character and need for all of them to be absent, you can either put all of their names in one form, or make a separate post with each character (this is helpful if you want to keep your alters a secret).

You need NOT put all of your accounts on Absence if you 'need a break' from one account.

How will being absent affect my post requirements?
Students who do not make minimum post count for promotion to the next year will not be excused due to an absence, and will therefore fail to advance to the next year. Adults who may have work post requirements MUST make arrangements with their work area staff member to be excused from work threads due to an extended absence. This can be arranged through a PM.

Be aware, however, that no account will be excused from making required posts counts due to absence if it is discovered the handler is continuing to post with their alter accounts. We DO allow excused absences from work -- but only if it's a genuine absence from the board entirely, and not a "trade-off" of posting from one account to the other.

What if I'm gone longer than 2 months?
BE AWARE!! Posting in this thread will NOT save your account from deletion if you do not log into your account for over 2 months. If you feel you may be gone for longer than 2 months, you need to arrange for your account to be placed on Inactive status (see instructions below).

If you do not log into your account for over 2 months, it will be deleted without notice.

What should I do when I return?
Please post in the "I've Returned" thread (with the account you posted here with) when you return, and your post in this topic will be deleted.

Long-term Absence (aka "Inactive" status)

What is it?
A long-term absence is any time you will need to be gone from the board for over 2 months. As stated in our ToS, any account not logged into for 2 months will be deleted without notice. However, we do allow members to be gone for up to 6 months from this board IF they place their accounts on Inactive.

"Inactive" status means your user group will be changed to "Inactive", and you will be unable to make any posts, nor read any posts on this board. You WILL be able to use the PM system. Your account will be saved even if you do not log on for up to 6 months.

How does it work?
If you need to put your characters on Inactive, you will need to PM a Governor directly. The Governors you should contact are:
Governor Belina
Governor Eye
Governor Oz

There is no form to use, but you should try to give some explanation of why you will be gone, and some idea of when you will be back (although it is fine to say "I'm not sure when I will be back"). Please tell the staffer in that PM the names of all of your accounts.

BE AWARE! You cannot put one character on Inactive status and keep your alter accounts "active". When you choose to go Inactive, ALL of your accounts will be put Inactive. Inactive status should never be used to "juggle" different accounts around. If you cannot find the time to play all of your accounts, you probably have too many accounts and should delete some of them.

How do I get off Inactive status?
To return to active status, you will need to PM one of the staff members above again, tell them you wish to return to Active status.

Once your account returns to Active status after being on Inactive, you will not be allowed to return to Inactive status again for 3 months.

What will happen with my character's job when I am on Inactive?
Unfortunately, it's just not fair to other characters to have your character hold a job position for up to 6 months. Your character will lose their job if they are on Inactive for over 3 months.

What will happen if I'm gone for longer than 6 months?
Once your account has been on Inactive status for 6 months, you will be sent an "email" (not a PM) to the email address on your account, warning you that your account has reached its 6-month limit. If you do not contact the staff within 48 hours of that message being sent, your account will be deleted.

By joining Potter's World you indicate that you have read and do agree to abide by these rules. Failure to do so may result in warnings, disciplinary action or removal from the boards.
-------------
Revision History
11MAR26 -- reposting; formatting changes but no content changes

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Galena Helmshore
post Aug 12 2014, 11:30 AM
Post #2

queen of the yodelling goatherds
Group Icon

From: Hanging from my thumbs in the Library Restricted Section

status_pureblood
operative_zps17425c1d
transportation_zps88f79947

Character Name(s): Galena Helmshore
Date you will leave: absent since approx Aug 1
Date you will return: 19/08/14

--------------------
glorified chimney sweep

[Gang-Green Thumb] [Semi-Pure] [Set thanks to Barbara Tilson]
[Little Semi-Sister] [Birdy] [Pixie-Oaf] ['Banshee' ~ Fomer Slytherin Seeker]

+Quote Post
Ashtyn Fontaine
post Aug 16 2014, 06:33 AM
Post #3

Walnut
Group Icon

status_halfblood
tagjobshop_editor
tagdeptshop_quibbler

Posting for a friend!

Character Name(s): Keelin Cypher
Date you will leave: August 15th
Date you will return: August 22nd

--------------------
Thoughts are like burning stars, and ideas, they flood, they stretch the universe --
c. jami • lincoln's girlfriend • oswin's elisa's mama • animal collector • quibblet • 5'7" • 24 • a. fairchild

+Quote Post
Ambrosine Lester
post Aug 23 2014, 09:14 PM
Post #4

Medusa
Group Icon

status_pureblood
liaison_zpsd86cae91
cooperation_zps36a20735

Character Name(s): Ambrosine Renwick
Date you will leave: 23/08/14
Date you will return: ???

--------------------
in a cold night there will be no fair fight
there will be no good night to turn and walk away
Graham Lester

+Quote Post
Darcy Nichols
post Sep 1 2014, 07:33 PM
Post #5

antiope
Group Icon

status_halfblood
tagjobshop_investigator
tagdeptshop_gringottsbank

Character Name(s): Darcy Nichols
Date you will leave: 1 September
Date you will return: 21 September

Traveling and moving ^_^

--------------------
Elinore, Heath and Gideon's Mother||Formerly Parker||Amelia's Godmother||Blonde
Don't pay no mind to the demons, they fill you with fear.

S i s t e r ||Metamorphmagus||Daughter||6'0"|| B r e n d a n ' s

Harry Winthrop||Phillip Phillips

+Quote Post
Evette Quinn-Nichols
post Oct 8 2014, 02:18 AM
Post #6

ms firestarter
Group Icon

status_pureblood
obliviator_zps3e18cedc
reversal_zpsea586586

Character Name: Evette Fallick
Date you will leave: October 7
Date you will return: unknown

Cautionary absence -- I'll still be around, I just might be posting slower due to school things, etcetera.

--------------------
you're not to be so blind with hate that you can't face reality
« sister • exception • baker • arsonist » chameleon « alternate • mentor • confidant • aunt »
wrong is wrong, no matter who says or does it
5'3" » barbara tilson « observant » heart surgeon « 27

+Quote Post
Jean-Luc Fisher
post Oct 10 2014, 11:42 PM
Post #7

Crowley
Group Icon

status_halfblood
panel_quest7
munalchemist_tag
munalchemistlabs_tag

Character Name(s): Jean-Luc Fisher and Jax Fisher
Date you will leave: Today, October 10, 2014
Date you will return: Not sure. Maybe Monday or Tuesday

--------------------
Far more broken i n s i d e; I cannot even H I D E
[ * Twenty-One * Lizzie’s Lips * Lover * Flirtatious * Potions Provider * ]

[ * Anonymously * Lyra Sixsmith-Wyden * Written *]
A feeling of E M P T I N E S S that will likely never s u b s i d e

+Quote Post
Calliope Amberghast
post Oct 12 2014, 07:34 AM
Post #8

Beginning Player
Group Icon

status_pureblood
misc_slytherin

Putting this up in advance, else I will forget.

Character Names: Calliope Amberghast and Dominic Holloway
Date Leaving: Friday, 17th of October
Date Returning: Sunday 17 of November

Goooooin' to Europe, baby! :D

--------------------
~ she shines like winter under sun ~

Toby S || Greg Laswell

+Quote Post
Hugo Renault
post Oct 14 2014, 08:25 AM
Post #9

Intermediate Player
Group Icon

status_pureblood
misc_slytherin
panel_quest2

Character Name(s): Hugo Renault & Clara McCoy
Date you will leave: Later tonight - October 14th, 2014
Date you will return: Monday - October 20th, 2014

Going on a family holiday and will have minimal internet access unfortunately ;(

--------------------
. . . when the weight of the world falls on your shoulder, l i g h t it up . . .
14 cheeky idiot lola's favourite 5"7 quidditch lover lydia's sharkboy still crushing on aina pipp's victim

french lizard penny's ghostbuster flynn & clarice's brother troublesome noel's bestest bro max mentors me
On absence till Monday the 20th

+Quote Post
Dominic Holloway
post Oct 16 2014, 12:23 PM
Post #10

Novice Player
Group Icon

status_muggleborn
misc_gryffindor

Charrie Name: Dominic Holloway
Date leaving: Tomorrow
Date returning 19th Nov or thereabouts depending on work, jetlag etc

--------------------

☓ I never claimed to be magick, only your tormentor ☓

She met me in Wonderland, and Billie Carson was entranced,
she made me dance for her, while I painted those roses red.

+Quote Post
Ana LeGauche
post Oct 17 2014, 04:05 PM
Post #11

Curse of the Carnival
Group Icon

status_muggleborn
munhealer_tag
munmagicalbugs_tag

Character Name(s): Barnaby Tilson and Lyra Sixsmith-Wyden
Date you will leave: Today
Date you will return: 20/10/14

Posting on behalf of another handler.

--------------------
-----Viv's Overgrown Child 🌔 Koala's Husband 🌔 Savannah's Father 🌔 Mason's Godfather-----

-------- 25 🌔 Ani 🌔 Werewolf 🌔 starcrossedsoldiers@TDA 🌔 Healer 🌔 Giant 🌔 6'8" --------

+Quote Post
Jasper Burke
post Oct 17 2014, 04:51 PM
Post #12

toasted
Group Icon

status_halfblood
munpathologist_tag
munmorgue_tag

Character Name(s): Theodore Walker
Date you will leave: Today
Date you will return: Unknown

Posting on behalf of a friend.

--------------------
This is the eve, of I don't believe
TravelerBurned ➙ Teddy's Fake Dad ➙ Canine Enthusiast ➙ milominderbinder@tda
Charlotte's Husband ➙'Byte' Cousin/Uncle ➙ Jasper ➙ Dove, Maia and Mica's Father ➙ 3oh!3
That's all we've got in common, the sky above is falling.

+Quote Post
Charlie Marlowe
post Oct 18 2014, 04:10 PM
Post #13

Expert Player
Group Icon

status_unknown
misc_gryffindor
panel_quest3

Character Name(s): Charlie Marlowe
Date you will leave: A while ago, honestly.
Date you will return: Hopefully soon!

- Mainly mandatory stuff, sorry guys!

--------------------
People c h a n g e when you're not l o o k i n g

c. harvey bas' guardian conscience 14 twin 4'8" veg chipmunk castle

+Quote Post
June Elderberry
post Today, 06:05 AM
Post #14

panacea
Group Icon

status_muggleborn
affiliation_order
munhealer_tag
munspelldamage_tag

Character Name(s): June Elderberry and Declan Quinn-Nichols
Date you will leave: a while ago, to be honest
Date you will return: unknown

School's swallowed me up; I'm trying to negotiate my way back out.
(though I will be posting in mandatories etc when I can. This is just a heads up.)

--------------------
the darker the n i g h t , the brighter the s t a r s - -
i d e a l i s t mum p a n a c e a : a r e m e d y for all problems and diseases dreamer b e l i e v e r

31 5'7'' order chaser & captain broken & r e b u i l d i n g f. dostoyevsky h. nightingale gallery

- - the deeper the g r i e f , the closer is g o d

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

> Board Footer

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 11:17 AM