Welcome ghost ( Apparate In | Register )

> 

How to become a Member

Please follow these steps IN THIS ORDER to bring your account onto our site. If you do not do these in this order, your account will most likely become stuck!
  1. Register your account, filling out the registration form (see this FAQ for more details).
  2. Log into your email account. A validation email will be sent to your email address. Follow the instructions carefully on that email; you will need to click on a link in that email for your account to be activated. If this does not happen right away, please keep checking your email account. This may take some time.
  3. Log onto our site with your new account.
  4. Read the Rules. This is very important because we will NOT take the excuse later that you "forgot to read the rules".
  5. Locate the 1 - Character Role Call topic, read the instructions in the first post and make your post.
  6. MAKE SURE YOU POST THE CORRECT WORD COUNT ON YOUR ROLE CALL FORM! Call this a first "test" to see if you can actually read and follow rules, but if you haven't written the correct number of words asked for on the Role Call form, you won't be admitted to this site!

Check your word count by following this link.
  7. A member of the staff will review your Role Call post, and put your character face claim into the Character Face Masterlist. They will make your post VISIBLE.
  8. Once your post has been made VISIBLE, you should post in Your Hogwarts Letter. Again, please read the instructions in the first post of that topic before you post. Your post will be INVISIBLE.
  9. A member of the staff will review your Hogwarts Letter post, and make it visible. Once it is also visible, you are now free to begin posting in The Leaky Cauldron.
Things to Remember
  • You need some PATIENCE when registering. The staff must review your account before you will be allowed to proceed. If you try to rush, your account will become stuck.
  • If you posted in the Your Hogwarts Letter before your post in the Character Role Call thread was made visible, your account will become stuck.
  • If your account becomes stuck, you MUST wait 24 hours before reporting it to staff. We will be continually reviewing all new accounts during registration weekend and the week after, so in all likelihood, we'll discover your problem and fix it before then, so keep checking your account to see if it becomes un-stuck.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 4 - The Absence Thread, ~ and for when you need to be gone
*Supreme Mugwump
post Sep 29 2008, 02:46 PM
Post #1

Wizard of Protocol
Group Icon

ABSENCES

Everyone needs to be gone at one time or another. In order to let your role-playing partners know when you will need to be gone, you can post in this thread with information about your absence. Absences can be described as Short-term or Long-term.

Short-term Absence

What is it?
A short-term absence is any absence that is longer than 3 days, or shorter than 2 months. You do NOT need to post an absence if you are only going to be gone for under 3 days. Generally people will be patient for a few days at a time.

Posting in this Absence Thread will NOT save your account if you do not log into your accounts longer than 2 months. This thread is only intended as a way to tell anyone you are RPing with that you need to be gone for a time.

How does it work?
You should make a post below, using the following form:
CODE
[b]Character Name(s):[/b]
[b]Date you will leave:[/b]
[b]Date you will return:[/b]

Do not post here if you are just going into a period of "slow posting". This is intended for true absences. If you find you need to cut back on posting or cannot finish a thread, you should do the polite thing and PM the person you are RPing with. If you find you are in a "slow posting" phase, you can put a message saying this in your signature.

What if I have more than one character?
If you have more than one character and need for all of them to be absent, you can either put all of their names in one form, or make a separate post with each character (this is helpful if you want to keep your alters a secret).

You need NOT put all of your accounts on Absence if you 'need a break' from one account.

How will being absent affect my post requirements?
Students who do not make minimum post count for promotion to the next year will not be excused due to an absence, and will therefore fail to advance to the next year. Adults who may have work post requirements MUST make arrangements with their work area staff member to be excused from work threads due to an extended absence. This can be arranged through a PM.

Be aware, however, that no account will be excused from making required posts counts due to absence if it is discovered the handler is continuing to post with their alter accounts. We DO allow excused absences from work -- but only if it's a genuine absence from the board entirely, and not a "trade-off" of posting from one account to the other.

What if I'm gone longer than 2 months?
BE AWARE!! Posting in this thread will NOT save your account from deletion if you do not log into your account for over 2 months. If you feel you may be gone for longer than 2 months, you need to arrange for your account to be placed on Inactive status (see instructions below).

If you do not log into your account for over 2 months, it will be deleted without notice.

What should I do when I return?
Please post in the "I've Returned" thread (with the account you posted here with) when you return, and your post in this topic will be deleted.

Long-term Absence (aka "Inactive" status)

What is it?
A long-term absence is any time you will need to be gone from the board for over 2 months. As stated in our ToS, any account not logged into for 2 months will be deleted without notice. However, we do allow members to be gone for up to 6 months from this board IF they place their accounts on Inactive.

"Inactive" status means your user group will be changed to "Inactive", and you will be unable to make any posts, nor read any posts on this board. You WILL be able to use the PM system. Your account will be saved even if you do not log on for up to 6 months.

How does it work?
If you need to put your characters on Inactive, you will need to PM a Governor directly. The Governors you should contact are:

Governor Oz
Governor Mac
Governor Daisy

There is no form to use, but you should try to give some explanation of why you will be gone, and some idea of when you will be back (although it is fine to say "I'm not sure when I will be back"). Please tell the staffer in that PM the names of all of your accounts.

BE AWARE! You cannot put one character on Inactive status and keep your alter accounts "active". When you choose to go Inactive, ALL of your accounts will be put Inactive. Inactive status should never be used to "juggle" different accounts around. If you cannot find the time to play all of your accounts, you probably have too many accounts and should delete some of them.

How do I get off Inactive status?
To return to active status, you will need to PM one of the staff members above again, tell them you wish to return to Active status.

Once your account returns to Active status after being on Inactive, you will not be allowed to return to Inactive status again for 3 months.

What will happen with my character's job when I am on Inactive?
Unfortunately, it's just not fair to other characters to have your character hold a job position for up to 6 months. Your character will lose their job if they are on Inactive for over 3 months.

What will happen if I'm gone for longer than 6 months?
Once your account has been on Inactive status for 6 months, you will be sent an "email" (not a PM) to the email address on your account, warning you that your account has reached its 6-month limit. If you do not contact the staff within 48 hours of that message being sent, your account will be deleted.

By joining Potter's World you indicate that you have read and do agree to abide by these rules. Failure to do so may result in warnings, disciplinary action or removal from the boards.
-------------
Revision History
15JUL10 -- changes to Admin contacts
11MAR26 -- reposting; formatting changes but no content changes

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brynne Kysely-Holloway
post Jun 7 2017, 05:02 AM
Post #2

Intermediate Player
Group Icon

status_pureblood
misc_hufflepuff
panel_quest2

Character Name(s): Brynne Kysely-Holloway, Declan Brady and Eva Holkend
Date you will leave: honestly a week ago
Date you will return: unknown

--------------------
YOUR H E A R T IS THE SIZE OF A FIST BECAUSE YOU NEED IT TO F I G H T

bumble bee & strawberry girl & green thumb & BEAU'S TWIN & ringed fingers & crybaby & b. stark & l. mathis
LENNY'S SUNFLOWER AMORY'S LITTLE STAR WAITING FOR LYANNA SABBY'S FAMILY ARCHIE'S MUMMY

+Quote Post
Matthew Kohler-Reed
post Jun 8 2017, 08:01 AM
Post #3

Expert Player
Group Icon

status_pureblood
misc_gryffindor
panel_quest2

Character Name(s): Raven Verbeck
Date you will leave: June 6th
Date you will return: Uknown

Extending absence for a friend!

--------------------
I STILL CATCH MYSELF FEELING S A D
16 + lyanna's icarus + lenny's misfortune + hopelessy callista's + eloise's heartline + raven's thorn + 5'10"
b. stark | left behind + quibbles + cowardly lion + cosmo the chaser + iron hearted + captain + starless| k. vonnegut
ABOUT THINGS THAT DON'T MATTER A N Y M O R E

+Quote Post
Teal Abernathy
post Jul 18 2017, 11:56 AM
Post #4

Novice Player
Group Icon

status_halfblood
misc_ravenclaw
panel_quest5

Character Name(s): Valerie Stirling | Teal Abernathy
Date you will leave: 15/7
Date you will return: 22/7

Something has sprung up in RL that needs to be taken care of. Will be back shortly.

--------------------
You & Atlas
seeker . rusty . the hair { are one & the same, my dear } prince charming . 5'9 . m.h

ivory's older . ozzie's dude - still standing not because you can but because you have to - ezra's bet . ad's collector

+Quote Post
Richard Harrison
post Jul 19 2017, 03:18 AM
Post #5

forever
Group Icon

status_pureblood
sIBGeJ8_zpsnsmbdwpd
DiqMlIu_zpseazq3yfw

Character Name(s): Richard Harrison, Marina Maxwell
Date you will leave: today
Date you will return: after shutdown. i'm moving soon and just won't be able to focus on pw with everything else going on in my life.

--------------------
say whatever you have to say, i'll stand by you

bethy's sunshine mo's friend cooper's clueless husband
soren valkyrie the kooks 6'2" sunny the alternate quidditch reject goofball

+Quote Post
Sally Fuller
post Jul 29 2017, 01:35 AM
Post #6

all you need is faith & trust
Group Icon

status_muggleborn
CnTC11D_zpscgzumbsk
EfhhCty_zpswrq5s9zm

Character Name(s): Sally Fuller
Date you will leave: Yesterday
Date you will return: Tuesday (Aug 1) After shutdown

I've got family in town for the weekend!

Edit: I've got too much on my plate with the kids starting school in the next week, so I'll try to wrap my mandatory posts, but it's not looking likely. See you after shutdown!

This post has been edited by Sally Fuller: Aug 2 2017, 01:44 PM

--------------------
You've a good heart. Sometimes that's enough to see you safe wherever you go. But mostly, it's not.

Sister. Mudblood. Nothing else matters, yeah?
(super slow posting!) Neil Gaiman// C. Ramsey

+Quote Post
Eric Winthrop
post Jul 29 2017, 12:29 PM
Post #7

Wayward Son
Group Icon

status_pureblood
8j6t8PR_zpsikyzhpmc
XDC7Jge_zpsvdsrkuca

Character Name(s): Eric Winthrop
Date you will leave: 1st August/during shutdown
Date you will return: 30th August

So I'm doing this early because I'm going away for the entire month of August and internet will be few and far between. I'm going to attempt to try and post when I'm there but there will be times when there is just no internet.

--------------------
"WHEN YOU FEEL MY HEAT LOOK INTO MY EYES. IT'S WHERE MY DEMONS HIDE - Imagine Dragons

GROWN UP || GRADUATE || TRAVELLER || mockingjay@TDA

+Quote Post
Ruth Reitman
post Aug 1 2017, 08:43 PM
Post #8

moi tout seul
Group Icon

status_muggleborn
AI3NKxK_zpso8tht5so
VuOAfaV_zps6fkbpfwn

Figured I'd get this in now before shutdown/before I forget. Going on a family vacation, so PW will not be a priority for me during that time.

Character Name(s): Ruth Reitman
Date you will leave: August 9
Date you will return: August 20

--------------------
rue twenty-three muggleborn scottish announcer shutterbug
it was long ago and it was far away

and it was so much better than it is today
cal's fiancée meat loaf grayson ellsworth little orphan ruthie

+Quote Post
Alec Lowe
post Aug 3 2017, 09:59 PM
Post #9

Her rainbow
Group Icon

status_halfblood
roQ0pKL_zpsyjlhhm7f
DiqMlIu_zpseazq3yfw

Character Name(s): Alec Lowe, Stella Lowe
Date you will leave: Friday August the 4th
Date you will return: Monday August the 14th

Most of my absence is during shut-down, but just to make sure smile2.gif

--------------------
Everyone wants happiness, no one wants pain
Louis' & Stella's & Cecilia's papa Antoinette's husband Irish accent 35 years old 6'2'' Ricky's Godfather

But you can't have a rainbow, without a little rain.
Wilder MacKinnon Unknown

+Quote Post
Annie Mcintyre
post Aug 5 2017, 06:20 PM
Post #10

ice inferno
Group Icon

status_pureblood
panel_quest7
roQ0pKL_zpsyjlhhm7f
YE4v4El_zpsafoluouo

Character Name(s): Annie Mcintyre, Oleander Walker, Hollow Sen
Date you will leave: 4/8/2017
Date you will return: 23/8/2017

I've got the busiest of weeks coming up, and while I hope Shut down will help alleviate some of it, I know it's going to be a bit hard. I'll try to post in Quidditch and other important things as soon as possible. Thank you.

--------------------
x 26 x Twin by Birth x Sister3, sort of x Daughter, maybe x Mother x Niece x Aunt x 5'9 x

x Blue Stark x Annie Mac x Widowed Devil x

+Quote Post
Aletheia Fallere
post Aug 5 2017, 08:42 PM
Post #11

Intermediate Player
Group Icon

status_halfblood
misc_slytherin
panel_quest3

It's been pretty apparent I've been slacking lately. I will be on holiday getting ready for school this month hopefully getting things in order quickly enough for me to return.

Character Name(s): Aletheia Fallere
Date you will leave: After Shutdown begins
Date you will return: ~August 19 OR ~ August 23

--------------------
A sudden s l i p from where . . . . . │ scorpio • 16 │ gsc ║ ace's equal // arie's adherent
kal's big sis // tatt's nag ║ sss?! │ 5'1" │ . . . . . we used to be a year ago . . .

phee's everlasting friend . . . A real-life script of how . . . . .
. . . our hands would hold and not let go. Blue October

+Quote Post
Taner Demirci
post Aug 13 2017, 12:26 AM
Post #12

soulbroken
Group Icon

status_halfblood
panel_quest7

Character Name(s): Taner Demirci
Date you will leave: today Aug. 12
Date you will return: unknown

Focusing on being there for family through a medical emergency and won't be on pw at all.

--------------------

"be c a r e f u l with that one, love, he'll do what it t a k e s to survive."

29 | father | godfather2 | husband | currently in azkaban | murderer | retrocognition | ciam grad | disowned | 5’6
past | l.m. miranda

+Quote Post
Elizabeth Connolly
post Aug 14 2017, 09:16 AM
Post #13

esoteric
Group Icon

status_halfblood
panel_quest7
Ruopnj3_zpsjcjtaufn
nIOYEvv_zpsyqtpzdy9

Character Name(s): Elizabeth Eames, Felicia Atwood & Cassidy Connolly
Date you will leave: Today (though it was days ago, really)
Date you will return: Saturday (19th)

On a week holiday!

--------------------
5'7" a reader lives a thousand lives before (s)he dies 30s

Manx's wife - (step)sister4 - library - godmother3 - full-time nerd - Cassidy & Robin's mumma bird
Wilder Mackinnon (a fellow ginger who understands) & george r.r. martin (provides the wisdom)

+Quote Post
Lucinda Nightshade
post Aug 14 2017, 01:42 PM
Post #14

Expert Player
Group Icon

status_halfblood
yHK65Mz_zpsyp4ckqg7
3deJGrB_zps19md77kb

Character Name(s): Lucinda Nightshade
Date you will leave: Tomorrow, 8/15
Date you will return: Should be Saturday evening sometime, 8/19.

Posting this today so I don't forget tomorrow.

--------------------

amazing set by alice in wonderland @shadowplay

+Quote Post
Elena Belvedere
post Aug 17 2017, 07:18 PM
Post #15

Expert Player
Group Icon

status_pureblood
misc_slytherin
panel_quest6

Just precautionary ^__^
Character Name(s): Elena Belvedere
Date you will leave: Aug 17
Date you will return: Aug 24

--------------------
17 ←(( THESE || VIOLENT || DELIGHTS || HAVE || VIOLENT || ENDS ))→ 5'5
LENNY SISTER --- i n e s' tempest ♦♦ f r a n 's forsaken ♦♦ b e e 's viole(n)t ♦♦ j a c k 's salome --- COUSIN LIAR
----♦ shakespeare ♦♦ and in their ( t r i u m p h ) die, like ( f i r e ) and powder ♦♦ c.ramsey ♦----
(( RECKLESS || r i c k y 's BLONDIE || PAW CO-LEADER || m a t t y 's ASTERIA || FRANCINE ))

+Quote Post
Raleigh Calloway
post Aug 20 2017, 09:16 AM
Post #16

Intermediate Player
Group Icon

status_pureblood
misc_hufflepuff
panel_quest4

Character Name(s): Raleigh Calloway & Lincoln Litcott
Date you will leave: 20 August 2017
Date you will return: 25 August 2017

--------------------
he's the rose-coloured boy

he's the giggle at the funeral
kinsley nott

+Quote Post
Dorothy Lovell
post Aug 20 2017, 09:33 PM
Post #17

Expert Player
Group Icon

status_halfblood
misc_slytherin
panel_quest2

Character Name(s): Dorothy Lovell
Date you will leave: 21st August 2017
Date you will return: 28th August 2017

Putting this up now so, I don't forget. Going away to Cornwall! Probably won't have internet but if I do clubs will take priority but I can't guarantee i will have it<3

--------------------
TELL ME ATLAS, WHAT IS HEAVIER:

JPAT Co Leader & GSC & PAT & QAC & GAH & Aurora Landvik & ON ABSENCE!
THE WORLD OR IT'S PEOPLE'S HEARTS?

+Quote Post
Tessa Atwood
post Aug 21 2017, 12:14 PM
Post #18

warmth
Group Icon

status_muggleborn
retired_yes

Character Name(s): Tessa Atwood, Poppy Atwood and Landon Reed
Date you will leave: 21st August 2017
Date you will return: 28th August 2017

--------------------
You show the lights that stop me,

Felicia's Wife - - Pop's and Alfie's Mum - - Molly Williamson - - Godmother - - Sister Always - -
turn to stone

+Quote Post
Roland Nightingale
post Today, 06:44 AM
Post #19

Intermediate Player
Group Icon

status_pureblood
misc_gryffindor
panel_quest2

Character Name(s): Kendall Atwood, Scarlett Nightingale, Roland Nightingale
Date you will leave: 23/08/2017
Date you will return: 06/08/2017

--------------------
I got dreams that keep me up in the dead of night
Hartley & Scarlett's son -- Raphael's brother -- Clementine's nephew -- Ken & Patience's Grandchild

My father knows how to make me look good -- needtobreathe -- Gryffindor Alternate
Telling me I wasn't made for the simple life

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

> Board Footer

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2017 - 05:30 PM